TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Rattle sound and steering shakes when changing lanes or driving on pavement reflector markers.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bakchod87, Apr 11, 2017.

1. bakchod87

bakchod87 Member

So I have had my MS for almost two months now. 90D with HW2 and all glass roof. I started noticing a weird rattle noise coming from the left side of the car around the front left tire when changing lanes. Or anytime I drive over a broken or cracked area on the road concrete or over the pavement marker reflectors, the car makes for few seconds (while driving over these depressions or cracks in the concrete or pavement markers) a weird rattle sound and also the steering shakes a little bit for the duration of the sound. As soon as I switch lanes and pass over that cracked concrete on the road, the sounds goes away. However, I didn't have this issue while driving over the same roads for almost 7 weeks.

Anyone else experienced/experiencing the same issue? I am worried it may be a larger underlying problem.

2. BlueRocket

BlueRocket S90D HW2

It is likely the center line departure warning. Try turning that off and see if you still have the problem.

3. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

Your lane departure warning is on. You can disable it under controls.

4. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Yep ^^^^ what they say. Sometimes various settings become reset during software releases and you've got to go back and customize them again. Unpredictable as to which, if any, settings until you stumble upon them. PIA but harmless.

5. Dreamship

Dreamship Member

Or you might try using your blinker when you change lanes--you know, as a courtesy to other drivers.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1