Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle / Squeak while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
intersting. A friend on this forum had a rattle in his Model 3 after delivery. Couldn't figure it out. Took it in for service to address and they found a loose TOOL rattling around in the floor pan. 11,000's ish VIN

Nothing should rattle. If it rattles, get it checked out. not saying it is a tool, but it is something.

I’ve noticed a vibrating rattle or subtle squeaking sound coming from the drivers door while driving at highway speeds. If I grab the interior door grab handle firmly, it goes away until I release. Anybody else notice this?
I have a similar rattle/squeak but on the front passenger side. I've taken it into the service center twice, and they seem to be skirting around the problem and adding more insulating tape where it doesn't matter. It's so aggravating (and the service center so poor) that I'm considering disassembling the door this weekend to find the cause. I've already had to fix 2 other rattling issues myself because of the poor service.

I have the same issue of both a rattle and the lovely squeak coming from the drivers front dash area. It has been to service twice now and they say it is not a warranty issue so they can only do so much. It seems to be getting worse now and I am beyond frustrated. I am at the point of asking here if anyone has a recommendation on what kind of shop to take this car to for a real repair? Tesla has been horrible with getting this fixed even after they duplicate the sound. We have a ten year old Honda Element that is quite in the cabin than this thing.

If you're handy, I'd suggest fixing it yourself. The front dash detaches fairly easily, and you can probably repair any squeak by applying foam tape wherever there's direct plastic-to-plastic contact.

In my case, Tesla repaired some of the rattling/squeaking by adding tape, but they missed an area, and that resulted in a much louder screech that I ended up fixing myself.

If you're handy, I'd suggest fixing it yourself. The front dash detaches fairly easily, and you can probably repair any squeak by applying foam tape wherever there's direct plastic-to-plastic contact.

In my case, Tesla repaired some of the rattling/squeaking by adding tape, but they missed an area, and that resulted in a much louder screech that I ended up fixing myself.

I will consider that for sure. The support with Tesla is pretty bad, was hoping that they would have a bit more of concern is all. Lent the car to a friend for a day that was considering buying one and he said no way, that would make him nuts hearing that. He is getting a Leaf at more than half the price, he just wants electric and he said that Nissan has been a breeze to deal with.

Thanks, I'll check out the contact points on the dash for a project!

Reactions: dwalme