Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine creaks. I've narrowed it down to the window seal. If i roll the window down even just a smidge it stops. it also thunks when rolling it up so I think it is not aligned properly. going to have the SC look at it when it goes in next week for a different rattle

They are a pain... I have one on the drivers side that I can't pinpoint. It happens mostly some over bumps, but also at high speeds (70+). I "think" it is on the lower door towards the hinge, but sometimes sounds like it could be coming from the dash. When I mentioned to a mobile ranger who was out for another reason, he said I'd probably have to bring it in and pay for an evaluation. Since the closest service center is 1hr + away and I have no idea how long it would take or fix I've held off at least until I can track it down better.

Have a rattle while driving coming from the RH (passenger) front door or A pillar. Anyone else had this issue. Any easy resolutions?
I had a sound coming from the A pillar and as was suggested, lower the window an inch or so, if it goes away then that is the problem...was solved for me when I cleaned the top of the window and cleaned the window rubber seal, if that doesn’t work, use a little silicone spray on the seal or even tiny bit of vasoline, should take care of it, did for me.

• Informative
Reactions: ecobon
I had a mobile ranger come to my house and he found the problem in about 30 min. the window was not aligned inside the door in the carriage. the window wasn't coming up far enough, and the carriage/holder thing that the window is mounted in (I forget what terms the ranger used) was coming up too far and hitting the stop inside of the door. This was causing the window to not be aligned properly and cause the noise on the seal. He adjusted it and its perfectly silent now!