Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattling coming from rear passenger side, could be speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed some rattling coming from the rear passenger side, especially when driving on rough and bumpy roads. I had someone drive the car while I sit in the back and tried to locate where the rattling is coming from. After securing all the rear seats and seatbelts, it seems like the rattling is coming from either the c-pillar or the rear speaker area. Anyone encounter something similar?

I noticed some rattling coming from the rear passenger side, especially when driving on rough and bumpy roads. I had someone drive the car while I sit in the back and tried to locate where the rattling is coming from. After securing all the rear seats and seatbelts, it seems like the rattling is coming from either the c-pillar or the rear speaker area. Anyone encounter something similar?
I noticed a sound today and narrowing it down to the seat latch. I happen to have a microfiber cloth in the trunk. I folded it 4 times and closed the seat onto it. The sound stopped. I went to Home Depot and picked up some window insolation tape and put across the whole back shelf. Seems to work. Waiting on mobile service to do a real fix.
IMG_0973.JPG

I had similar noise from same general area. Tesla Service fixed a cable inside the rear door that had been installed incorrectly and was rattling around. All good now.

i have the same, but sounds more like driver side. there were some suggestions in these threads, but i simply havent had opportunity to follow through

My 5 day old M3LR has a slight rattle, almost like a crinkling sound in that same back seat area. I sat in the back seat and tapped lightly on some stuff, pulled up and pressed back down the two latches on the rear deck behind the seat. The rattle is now gone, so at least if it comes back, I'm going to suspect the rear seat latch. That seems to be a common rattle area. Every car I've ever owned has had some type of rattle I've had to locate and fix myself when new. Not a big deal for me. It's almost fun to find them and fix them... unless they are so far behind the dash or some other area that I'm not willing to deconstruct. ;)

Mike

Reactions: Gizmo35