Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattling noise from seat belt tensioner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
anyone getting a rattling noise from this area? It is intermittent but is getting worse and at times it can be very irritating as where I have my seat adjusted it is about as close as it can get to my ear, just wondering if it’s something many people noticed and if so have had the SC address it.

View attachment 317362 anyone getting a rattling noise from this area? It is intermittent but is getting worse and at times it can be very irritating as where I have my seat adjusted it is about as close as it can get to my ear, just wondering if it’s something many people noticed and if so have had the SC address it.
Yes, I have same issue. Complained twice, they claimed they padded little behind this shoulder belt height adjuster, but did not fix it completely. I need to tell them again. Ofcourse on rough patch there are many buzzing sounds. Need to figure out where those are coming from.

View attachment 317362 anyone getting a rattling noise from this area? It is intermittent but is getting worse and at times it can be very irritating as where I have my seat adjusted it is about as close as it can get to my ear, just wondering if it’s something many people noticed and if so have had the SC address it.

Same here. The buzz seems to go away if I push on it or click it up one notch, but then it hits me in the neck, so that's not cool either. I'll mention it next time it needs to go in for service, but I don't want them taking it away for a week just for that.

Anyone find a solution to this besides moving the adjuster up or down? Mine subsides when it's in the highest position, but then the belt cuts into my neck.
I have same issue, first time SC claimed they added some padding behind. But that did not solve the issue. They are going to try again this week. Last time they mentioned they might replace the piece if initial padding did not fix it.

But I am crossing my fingers and waiting. Earlier they claimed the similar for charge port door for alignment issue, and claimed they ordered. When I gave it for replacement, they came back and said door is not going to solve the alignment issue and did nothing about it.

I think with too many Model 3 coming up for issues, they started trying to push back. Will see how it goes, and update here if they do something about it.