TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Rattling Noise from Sunroof?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dcclappers, Jul 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dcclappers

dcclappers Member

Anyone experience off and on rattling noise from sunroof. Seems to be coming from front left area. I will open and close it to try and get a tighter seal and that seems to sometimes fix the problem(might not, but I want to believe it does). I admit I am overly sensitive to it, and haven't mentioned it to SC. Just curious if it might be more of a widespread problem. I have 2017 60 AP2

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Early production had issues, but the sunroof was redesigned in 2014, maybe 2015. Haven't heard much on newer production beyond that. I wouldn't believe it is a widespread issue, unfortunately you may have just been unlucky. I would have SC look at it and perform any adjustment as needed.

3. CUBldr97

CUBldr97 Member

I have recently starting having a "creaking" like noise from the sunroof area. seems to get worse with speed as the airflow over the car increases. i am calling the SVC today about it. 2013 MS85 63k miles ill post when i find out what they say.

4. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Try opening and closing the sunroof ... if it goes away, you may just need to lubricate the rubber seal it sits on.

5. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

bring to the service center.