Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattling noise on model 3 front panel (AC vents or something)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

My model 3 came with a noise from the front panel (somewhere behind the screen), and it looks like to be in the middle of the panel. It’s not on the smartphone holder, or below the steering wheel (I’ve tried applying force on both). I took to service, they were able reproduce it on low speeds and bumpy roads (below 40mph). They said it was the insulation of the AC vents. It seemed to be fixed, but after few weeks it’s back :( I’ve tried taking to service again, but we couldn’t get it to reproduce there, and they told me to come back if I figure out a way ...

Here’s a video, you can see my phone only records the noise when I put it behind the front screen:

Any suggestions? I know it’s not a loud noise, but it really pisses me off.

Thanks,

Last edited:
98160A63-B992-4F30-B80A-947879701880.jpeg

So I’ve figured if I press my finger where the arrow points, the rattle goes away.. I’ve tried giving it a little love pressing down and it’s gone for now, but it will probably return...

Just me? :)

• Informative
Reactions: Anto
I had something similar and it was the vin plate in the driver's corner of the windshield. Tesla fixed in minutes when I brought it in.

Yeah, I heard that’s pretty common. Don’t think it’s my case. I’ve tried sticking a plastic tool at the vin while driving, noise wouldn’t go away. As soon as I touch the pointed location above thought... goes away.