Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattling: seat belt anchor installed backwards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Got a somewhat strange one here. There's a rattle from the driver's side of the car over rough pavement that I believe I have narrowed down to the seat belt anchor knocking against the lower plastic seat trim. I hear a similar rattle when I have a passenger in the front seat. It seems to only happen when the seat belt is buckled, as this pulls the anchor forward to where it comes into contact with trim.

I looked and there is a piece of felt attached to the outside (door facing) of the seat belt anchor. It appears this felt is in place to stop the rattling noise... but were mine perhaps installed backwards? Is everyone's like this?

jc3ielJ.jpg

Mine rattles as well, I have been meaning to put some felt on the other side, but haven't found any black stick on felt so far. The one hardware store I looked in had a variety of tans and browns. didn't think it might be on backwards...

Mine hits the seat and I had thought the same thing. I think the felt is there (on the outside) to prevent rattling when no one is in the seat and the belt is pulled up against the B pillar. Haven't looked for sticky felt but was going to buy some black sticky velcro at the Home Depot...just use some of the "loop" side of the velcro...