Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven 100% charge miles decreased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ajdelange You're right to be concerned. People who tell you not to worry about your battery are fools. You might end up like me. I have a 2013 Model S 85 that originally got 265 miles on a full charge. Six years and 100k miles later, I now get 227 miles on a full charge. I've always babied by battery: usually charged it to 70-80%, very rarely charged to 100%, even more rarely supercharged it, and my lifetime watt/mile is 307. Nevertheless, since the beginning every 2-3 months my number of rated miles has dropped about 1-2 miles (at any charge level) and it continues to drop. I kept hearing that the degradation would level off but that hasn't happened for me at all. Of course, numerous times I've reported this to Tesla, have brought my car in to have the battery checked, and every time they've told me that the battery is "healthy." I know of no one else who has had a diminishment of battery range as severe as mine (until now that "batterygate" has affected a number of people).