Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven 6-seater, Second Row Seating Woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that post title is a tongue-twister...

Hey everyone - New MX owner so I'm not yet sure what's the norm and can be fixed with a reset or some Tesla owner magic, vs. what I should call the service center about... But, since taking delivery a week ago, I've had constant issues with both of the second-row seats in my MX Raven. The passenger-side second-row seat insists that someone is unbuckled when there is no occupant.

Z0JGgfz.jpg

This is from a drive yesterday with me in the car and no other passengers.

Also, the driver-side second-row seat claims to be "unlatched" when accelerating or going over bumps. The pop-up dialogue has the option to latch the seat but pressing the icon does nothing. This one is pretty annoying as it interrupts anything you're trying to do on the touchscreen.

GRwZCSn.png

Searching the forums it looks like the unlatched seat is pretty common but my has yet to resolve itself like many people report. I've tried a few of the suggestions in those threads to no avail.

Any thoughts on if I should just reach out to the SC? I've heard the horror stories about the Littleton (Denver area) SC and would really hope this is something that they can send the mobile unit to take care of. Thanks in advance!

Wow, that post title is a tongue-twister...

Hey everyone - New MX owner so I'm not yet sure what's the norm and can be fixed with a reset or some Tesla owner magic, vs. what I should call the service center about... But, since taking delivery a week ago, I've had constant issues with both of the second-row seats in my MX Raven. The passenger-side second-row seat insists that someone is unbuckled when there is no occupant.

Z0JGgfz.jpg

This is from a drive yesterday with me in the car and no other passengers.

Also, the driver-side second-row seat claims to be "unlatched" when accelerating or going over bumps. The pop-up dialogue has the option to latch the seat but pressing the icon does nothing. This one is pretty annoying as it interrupts anything you're trying to do on the touchscreen.

GRwZCSn.png

Searching the forums it looks like the unlatched seat is pretty common but my has yet to resolve itself like many people report. I've tried a few of the suggestions in those threads to no avail.

Any thoughts on if I should just reach out to the SC? I've heard the horror stories about the Littleton (Denver area) SC and would really hope this is something that they can send the mobile unit to take care of. Thanks in advance!
Did pressing and holding the blue button when it says second-row seats unlatched not work?

If so, you might have an object wedged under there on the track

Did pressing and holding the blue button when it says second-row seats unlatched not work?

When the warning is on-screen long enough, pressing the button doesn't seem to do anything. However, since it occurs when I accelerate quickly (or hit a bump) and then goes away, it's often not on-screen long enough for me to actually press the button. This morning on a somewhat bumpy residential street, the message flashed up on-screen about 6 or 7 times in the course of a couple of minutes but wasn't on-screen for longer than a second.

When the warning is on-screen long enough, pressing the button doesn't seem to do anything. However, since it occurs when I accelerate quickly (or hit a bump) and then goes away, it's often not on-screen long enough for me to actually press the button. This morning on a somewhat bumpy residential street, the message flashed up on-screen about 6 or 7 times in the course of a couple of minutes but wasn't on-screen for longer than a second.
Oh, well you don't have to press THAT button. Just hit the arrow on the back/side of the seat that reclines it forwards and backward. Push it all the way back and the warning shouldn't come up again.

Ha ha! I had a funny story on my MX 5 seater. My girlfriend was sitting in the back passenger side and despite fastening the seatbelt, her seat still alerted as showing the passenger was unbuckled. After a bit of troubleshooting, it turns out that she latched into the middle seat belt receptacle rather than the one for her seat! Don't make that mistake. (You probably can't on a 6 seater).

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Don't make that mistake. (You probably can't on a 6 seater).
Ha! Yes, it'd be rather difficult in the six-seater - at least, I'm positive I would notice that! :)

As an update: I Tried the suggested full-forward, full-aft movement for the seat and the error has persisted. In fact, now it's paired with an inoperative tilt button on that same seat. SC appointment made for two weeks out - hopefully, the almost constant flashing of the warning doesn't drive me crazy before then!