Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven efficiency, even Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally made the jump from a 3 to an X, because baby, 2 dogs, and the wife needed a little breathing room on trips.

I lucked out and got a floor model Raven Performance X and took delivery on the 22nd. Two days later, we went to Virginia for a low-key anniversary party, came all the way back to MA for one night, then up to Maine, where we are until Monday.

Over 1500 miles, most of it in 85+ weather, some of it in driving rain. Some of it up and down hilly roads in the foothills of Western Maine....

I've used Chill on the highway when on Autopilot, but I'm getting 332 wh/mi.... In a performance.

Granted it's brand new (2500 miles when I got it), but I haven't missed those extra 46 miles the Long Range has.

I have an X performance Raven and I find it to be very economical. I'm typically getting around 289 wh/mi on my 40 mile daily commute (this of course precludes Ludicrous+ launches but still gets me into every slot in traffic I desire).

Just to put efficiency gains in perspective, I bet on 1500miles of largely highway use my 2014 S P85 wouldn't do better than 332 wh/mi, probably higher.
Being a car it is smaller and being old rwd it is slower than the LR stuff is today.
Really impressed with the range gains the last few years without battery capacity upgrades.

Just to put efficiency gains in perspective, I bet on 1500miles of largely highway use my 2014 S P85 wouldn't do better than 332 wh/mi, probably higher.
Being a car it is smaller and being old rwd it is slower than the LR stuff is today.
Really impressed with the range gains the last few years without battery capacity upgrades.
There were legs of the MA to VA trip where I got 290 wh/mi at 75mph.

Reactions: X-pilot
Final counter from the trip.....

Attachments

• IMG_20200706_171325.jpg
    IMG_20200706_171325.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 61