Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven: information needed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I have finally, after a decade of watching and waiting, put in my order for a MS, 100D with delivery in a month's time (Assuming the ship doesn't sink on the way to Australia).

I have been reading the threads about Raven, but I have no idea what it is. Is it a general MS upgrade, just for the "P" version, or what?

My education on this would be most grateful!

I have finally, after a decade of watching and waiting, put in my order for a MS, 100D with delivery in a month's time (Assuming the ship doesn't sink on the way to Australia).

I have been reading the threads about Raven, but I have no idea what it is. Is it a general MS upgrade, just for the "P" version, or what?

My education on this would be most grateful!

Keep reading. “Raven” is the motor and suspension refresh that happened a month or two ago. More range, adaptive suspension, etc.

Right, the Raven refresh bumped the 100D to a rated range of 370 miles (!), and folks say that the Raven suspension is a big step up in smoothness and tech. Please note that I'm assuming that you bought a new S that was built in the last couple months. Anything older would not have those Raven refreshes/upgrades/updates - so if you're buying a used S, or a new S that has been in inventory for a long time, it is probably not Raven. But if you have bought a Raven S, then I for one am very jealous!

Also, I think "Raven" was an internal Tesla code name for the refresh/upgrades made, and it somehow made it into public use and has stuck... because it's a cool name. One other thing, I don't think the new S has the "100D" designation any more, even though it is still a 100 battery - I think it's just called a "Long Range" S these days.