Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven long range real world 0-60

Keith909man

Apr 25, 2017
Tacoma wa
Has anyone clocked in a long range to see what it runs? I’ve seen raven performance 0-60 videos and see that it’s getting what’s advertising. But haven’t been able to watch or read any real world test on the new raven long range

Krash

Data Technician
Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2017
Intermountain US
w rollout but below full charge...
upload_2019-9-23_14-11-36.png

Last edited:

Krash

Data Technician
Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2017
Intermountain US
Don't get too excited. Consider the rollout is at least a half second the way those two runs catch the quarter second (API recording) snapshot. Also I am not sure the raven S has the same high speed passing power as the pre raven S. I still need a quarter mile run to compare. The RWD 3 definitely has a drop in the power curve when back EMF for that smaller, more efficient PMSR motor spools up. And that rear 3 motor is similar to the raven S front motor.

Last edited:

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
I'm sitting here with a 2014 P85D that got 253-miles of range (when new) and did 0-60 in the low 3 second range looking at about the same 0-60 with 370-miles range in a car that has received incremental updates over the years with my mouth agape. That's pretty damn impressive no matter how you slice it. I, too, would like to see a legitimate 1/4-mile slip as my guess is it drops off slightly but still.... wow.

Side note: that car also cost $153k in 2014 dollars versus ~50% less now in 2019 dollars. Impressive.

DavidO

Apr 10, 2019
USA
I think by time 0.0 in the above graphs the 1 ft rollout has long since passed. From my Excel-generated graphs I've estimated a 0.45s rollout.

kkillebrew

Banned
Jun 23, 2019
austin, tx
Not too surprising... if you read Car and Driver's review of a MS LR 2019 pre-raven (FEB-MAR) they clock it at below 4 seconds 0-60. I seem to remember 3.7 and 3.9 depending on SOC and battery temp. So I would expect the Raven does even better than its stated performance too.

DavidO

Apr 10, 2019
USA
My suspicion is that my car is faster after the new 2020.20.5 update. Took it for a quick spin yesterday on <30% SOC (yes that low) and the pull at low speeds felt sharper. Just subjective at this point as I have no roads around here to fully put it to the test. Would be interested to hear other Raven LR opinions and even better, actual data.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC