Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven Model X 1/4 mile and 0-60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with the new PMSR motors we’ve seen the Model S with a slightly better numbers at the track. The model X went from 2.8 0-60 to 2.7 0-60 in the configurator. I’m wondering if anyone has had the chance to test this out at the strip or with a drag/vbox and see how the acceleration has changed since the previous drivetrain. Would love to see the X hit a 10.99 in the quarter. Unlikely this is enough, but it’s got to be getting real close.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
So with the new PMSR motors we’ve seen the Model S with a slightly better numbers at the track. The model X went from 2.8 0-60 to 2.7 0-60 in the configurator. I’m wondering if anyone has had the chance to test this out at the strip or with a drag/vbox and see how the acceleration has changed since the previous drivetrain. Would love to see the X hit a 10.99 in the quarter. Unlikely this is enough, but it’s got to be getting real close.

I’ll let you know Sunday night. Vbox is ready.

Reactions: GOVA and CFrolander
Alright, the testing is complete and the Raven MX pulls hard. Very hard. Peak G's were 1.81! That's the highest I've ever seen, even the MS P100D I tested a few years ago. What also amazing is that the G's remained above 1.6 until 43mph. That is what made the pull even more incredible. I'm loving this new MX update. Video would not post here so attaching the link.

Key info:

88% SOC
MX 5 seats with tow pkg and cars seats
20'' Wheels
Launch Mode
No wheel spin
2.84 0-60 with rollout, 3.155 without
1.81G peak G's

Attachments

• Vbox Model X Raven 0-60.png
    Vbox Model X Raven 0-60.png
    483 KB · Views: 214
  • Vbox Model X Raven Peak G's.png
    Vbox Model X Raven Peak G's.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Saghost and GraemeS
To compare against a 2016 MS P100D with 21'' wheels, you can see the peak G's were 1.55 during the Model S test. 0-60 was 2.413 with rollout. It took the Model S 119.65ft to reach 60 mph and the 2019 MX 140.6ft.

Attachments

• 2016 MS P100D BEST 2.413 0-60 11 17 2017.png
    2016 MS P100D BEST 2.413 0-60 11 17 2017.png
    381.6 KB · Views: 121
Just took delivery of a new Raven X Performance last week for my wife. I just finally took it for a quick spin last night, and was underwhelmed by it's off-the-line acceleration. I have a 4yo S P85D and it jumps off the line far harder. The X feels like it gradually builds power. No way it's putting up the numbers listed above. Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps some software glitch? Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, for some reason Launch Mode would not work.

Just took delivery of a new Raven X Performance last week for my wife. I just finally took it for a quick spin last night, and was underwhelmed by it's off-the-line acceleration. I have a 4yo S P85D and it jumps off the line far harder. The X feels like it gradually builds power. No way it's putting up the numbers listed above. Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps some software glitch? Any help would be much appreciated.

Get Dragy and get details. There is speculation that starting with P100DLs they softened the initial jump off the line, but made up for it with stronger delivery later. Still overall faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile etc., but perhaps easier on the axles/half shafts.

I think a TRC video that tests the new Raven says while the 1/4 miles is faster, the 60 foot times are slower than their prior best times.

The new raven MX is a beast. Do you have it in Ludicrous+ AND Launch mode. I did my usual testing and here are the results. At 88% SOC 2.84 0-60 with 1ft rollout. 1.81 peak G's.

Yes. Had it in L+, yet could not get Launch Mode to enable. Would just give me the "both pedals pressed" error.

Ok, I think I know what’s going on. Here a short video on how to launch the car. Key is you're holding down the brake the entire time until you're ready to launch. Press the brake very firmly.

Yes. Had it in L+, yet could not get Launch Mode to enable. Would just give me the "both pedals pressed" error.

You have to put in Ludicrous + and initiate the easter egg ludicrous mode in order to get MAX MAX battery and enable launch mode. I've got 2.9 0-60 in my 2016 P100D Model X and 11.23 118mph in the qtr mile.

If your dash screen doesn't show power output as it does in the above video you're not in full ludicrous mode.