TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Raven Model X 1/4 mile and 0-60?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by CFrolander, Jun 14, 2019.

1. CFrolander

CFrolander Member

So with the new PMSR motors we’ve seen the Model S with a slightly better numbers at the track. The model X went from 2.8 0-60 to 2.7 0-60 in the configurator. I’m wondering if anyone has had the chance to test this out at the strip or with a drag/vbox and see how the acceleration has changed since the previous drivetrain. Would love to see the X hit a 10.99 in the quarter. Unlikely this is enough, but it’s got to be getting real close.

• Informative x 1
  2. TexasTeslaRacing

I’ll let you know Sunday night. Vbox is ready.

• Like x 2
  3. TexasTeslaRacing

Ludicrous hasn’t been activated yet. Silly Tesla always making it difficult.

4. TexasTeslaRacing

#4 TexasTeslaRacing, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Alright, the testing is complete and the Raven MX pulls hard. Very hard. Peak G's were 1.81! That's the highest I've ever seen, even the MS P100D I tested a few years ago. What also amazing is that the G's remained above 1.6 until 43mph. That is what made the pull even more incredible. I'm loving this new MX update. Video would not post here so attaching the link.

Key info:

88% SOC
    MX 5 seats with tow pkg and cars seats
    20'' Wheels
    Launch Mode
    No wheel spin
    2.84 0-60 with rollout, 3.155 without
    1.81G peak G's

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. TexasTeslaRacing

To compare against a 2016 MS P100D with 21'' wheels, you can see the peak G's were 1.55 during the Model S test. 0-60 was 2.413 with rollout. It took the Model S 119.65ft to reach 60 mph and the 2019 MX 140.6ft.

Attached Files:

6. jebinc

jebinc M3 LR AWD w/FSD and white premium interior

That’s Movin’!

7. jonnowocky

jonnowocky Member

Incredible, thanks for this. Sounds like you had air condition on/were in hot weather also. Picking up mine this week, beyond excited

8. DDarrow

DDarrow Member

Just took delivery of a new Raven X Performance last week for my wife. I just finally took it for a quick spin last night, and was underwhelmed by it's off-the-line acceleration. I have a 4yo S P85D and it jumps off the line far harder. The X feels like it gradually builds power. No way it's putting up the numbers listed above. Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps some software glitch? Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, for some reason Launch Mode would not work.

9. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

Get Dragy and get details. There is speculation that starting with P100DLs they softened the initial jump off the line, but made up for it with stronger delivery later. Still overall faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile etc., but perhaps easier on the axles/half shafts.

I think a TRC video that tests the new Raven says while the 1/4 miles is faster, the 60 foot times are slower than their prior best times.

10. TexasTeslaRacing

The new raven MX is a beast. Do you have it in Ludicrous+ AND Launch mode. I did my usual testing and here are the results. At 88% SOC 2.84 0-60 with 1ft rollout. 1.81 peak G's.

11. DDarrow

DDarrow Member

Yes. Had it in L+, yet could not get Launch Mode to enable. Would just give me the "both pedals pressed" error.

12. TexasTeslaRacing

Ok, I think I know what’s going on. Here a short video on how to launch the car. Key is you're holding down the brake the entire time until you're ready to launch. Press the brake very firmly.

13. DDarrow

DDarrow Member

No. I'm familiar with how to use launch control. Have had it on my S for a long time.

14. CFrolander

CFrolander Member

I don't know what that video said because it's been deleted, but the X needs to be put in very low suspension as well. Not sure if the S needs that

• Informative x 1
  15. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

Yes. It’s better for ETs and for half shaft health.

16. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

Does Raven still require the suspension lowering?

17. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

You have to put in Ludicrous + and initiate the easter egg ludicrous mode in order to get MAX MAX battery and enable launch mode. I've got 2.9 0-60 in my 2016 P100D Model X and 11.23 118mph in the qtr mile.

If your dash screen doesn't show power output as it does in the above video you're not in full ludicrous mode.

18. TexasTeslaRacing

No. I had it in low and launch mode engaged.

19. DDarrow

DDarrow Member

Does the battery have to be fully heated before the power output display comes up?

20. TexasTeslaRacing

Yes, this can take up to 30 minutes.

• Like x 1