Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven (non-performance) Maximum Power Output vs 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2019.32.2.2 and the tire slip has apparently vanished but acceleration 0-60 has not improved. The graph generated in Excel from PowerTools data appears to show a 0-60 time between 3.85 and 3.9 seconds (slower than my 100D). I tested on a different section of road. Not sure exactly how flat it is. Max power occurs at 384 kW @ 44 mph.

So I just picked up a new Raven a week ago, and I have no clue about any of the stuff you are taking about but he car is QUICK. However is it 3.7 0-60 quick?

what does SOC mean? and how can I do what you are doing to see if my car is performing to the specs the factory advertised. I think most people don't know the technical ins and outs and figure "hey it's quick, it must be 3.7 0-60" but no data to prove otherwise.

Also I downloaded Draggy, is it a phone app, or do you have to actually buy something? would love to jump in as another test case for a week old Raven.

Reactions: byeLT4
So I just picked up a new Raven a week ago, and I have no clue about any of the stuff you are taking about but he car is QUICK. However is it 3.7 0-60 quick?

what does SOC mean? and how can I do what you are doing to see if my car is performing to the specs the factory advertised. I think most people don't know the technical ins and outs and figure "hey it's quick, it must be 3.7 0-60" but no data to prove otherwise.

Also I downloaded Draggy, is it a phone app, or do you have to actually buy something? would love to jump in as another test case for a week old Raven.
Hi, Yes, they sure do feel quick! - but I'm researching into whether or not they are quicker than the older 100Ds. I did the same as you and downloaded Dragy but learned it doesn't work without purchasing Dragy hardware. It's available here: https://www.amazon.com/dragy-10Hz-B...ocphy=1018251&hvtargid=pla-557840600841&psc=1
Alternatively you could do as I did and purchase the PowerTools app (lower cost than Dragy). The Powertools app reads data directly from the car (power, speed etc) and gives you a time stamp. The TMC member Krash is helping analyze my data and I know he's looking for more Raven data. SOC means State of Charge. I read in several places that the Raven produces more torque and power (than the 100D) but my suspicion is that it's not the case and, at least with my car, appears to compare unfavorably above about 40 mph. I hope you discover otherwise.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Not sure if I want to drop 7 bucks on an app... anything else I could do to establish a baseline performance factor for my car?

I guess we could meet up and have a drag race at the same % of charge, ideally they should be nose to nose the whole way

This data generated yesterday at 85% SOC:
IMG_5924.jpg

I don't think an extra 5% SOC will make a whole lot of difference, will it?

Service Center acknowledges there is a problem with my car (could this be a Raven-wide issue?) and has escalated the case to Engineering. I'll update everyone when I learn more if it's resolved through updates. I'm really curious to know if any others are experiencing severe loss of traction immediately upon hard acceleration.
I experienced that on a Raven X last week too. Our sales guy made a surprised face and said that maybe software update would fix this.

Historically (S/X) it has made a noticeable difference. "Whole lot" is a bit subjective; 0.1 sec 0-60 is huge on some scales (2.3 to 2.2) and not on others (5.6 to 5.5).
My goal was to compare experiences with my new Long Range Raven vs my 2018 100D. I did not take any data at 90% from the 100D.

Charging your Tesla could make a difference of 40% to power and acceleration suggests a small difference in acceleration even when going from 75% to 100%. Also see Model 3 AWD Peak Power vs. State of Charge : teslamotors and Mountain Pass Performance Tests Tesla Model 3 Power At Different States Of Charge (#CleanTechnica Exclusive) | CleanTechnica where you can see for the Model 3 the torque and power curves are very close to one another between 75% and 90% SOC. For the model S the curves are also very close, see: Max Power vs State of Charge and Temp only a 1 - 1.5% change in max. power from 85% to 90%?

From data shared by Krash, the shape and height of the Raven power curve vs speed approximates a pre-uncorked S100D.

It can't be slower than 3.7 (for S) advertising on Tesla.com ...
Do you (or does anybody) happen to know if that Tesla quoted 3.7s 0-60 time is from a dead stop or is it the “1 foot rollout” spec? 1 foot rollout at the initial accelerations of the S Long Range is calculated to at least 0.25 seconds, so 3.7 could actually mean at least 3.95 from a dead stop. My car at 85% charge now accelerates to 60 with 2019.32.2.2 in about 4.08 seconds from the moment power is applied if I am reading the PowerTools data correctly for my run Sunday evening. This equates to less than or equal to 3.83s 0-60 1 ft rollout. Since GPS is not accurate to the foot I’m not sure even a “Dragy” run could determine exactly how much time the first foot of movement takes. From the shape of the graph the car appears to accelerate more gradually for the first 0.25 - 0.5 seconds (to avoid wheel spin?), so in my opinion you can’t simply extrapolate GPS data to determine the rollout accurately. So to summarize, my car doesn’t achieve the 0-60 3.7 spec from a dead stop but might, just about achieve the spec if it’s 1ft rollout. Perhaps Tesla will uncork the Raven Long Range at some point? The pre-uncorked 100D 0-60 was a little slower but as stated earlier the max power reached is similar and in the case of uncorked vehicles, power continues climbing to higher speeds.

Last edited:
Hi All,

2017 MX 36k miles... excellent condition...(other than this)
Has anyone else experienced the top edge of the falcon wing doors surrounding the roof glass just deteriorating, cracking, breaking and melting to the underside door frame???
I went to the SC and they said it is not cover under warranty because it is rubber. A $1k each door to fix!!!!

I have included pictures...

Let me know your thoughts. I don't see how this can not be covered. I looked at the new car warranty I see no provision to eliminate this from warranty. Plus I do not use the falcon wing doors that much so it is not a to much usage issue.

Let me know your thoughts. View attachment 440996 View attachment 440998

Do you (or does anybody) happen to know if that Tesla quoted 3.7s 0-60 time is from a dead stop or is it the “1 foot rollout” spec? 1 foot rollout at the initial accelerations of the S Long Range is calculated to at least 0.25 seconds, so 3.7 could actually mean at least 3.95 from a dead stop. My car at 85% charge now accelerates to 60 with 2019.32.2.2 in about 4.08 seconds from the moment power is applied if I am reading the PowerTools data correctly for my run Sunday evening. This equates to less than or equal to 3.83s 0-60 1 ft rollout. Since GPS is not accurate to the foot I’m not sure even a “Dragy” run could determine exactly how much time the first foot of movement takes. From the shape of the graph the car appears to accelerate more gradually for the first 0.25 - 0.5 seconds (to avoid wheel spin?), so in my opinion you can’t simply extrapolate GPS data to determine the rollout accurately. So to summarize, my car doesn’t achieve the 0-60 3.7 spec from a dead stop but might, just about achieve the spec if it’s 1ft rollout. Perhaps Tesla will uncork the Raven Long Range at some point?

I’m curious what would happen if we threw some Pilot Sport 4S tires on.

Owning a 2018 100D, I can safely say the uncorked 0-60 on my car is approx 3.6sec by powertools. It’s faster as compared to when it was uncorked at 4.2sec. Tesla had always understated the speed of the 100D so as to not hamper sales of the P100D.

Even at 3.6, the advertised spec was always 4.3sec.

I’m not surprised the Raven has offered up some power or torque in favour of better range.

Owning a 2018 100D, I can safely say the uncorked 0-60 on my car is approx 3.6sec by powertools. It’s faster as compared to when it was uncorked at 4.2sec. Tesla had always understated the speed of the 100D so as to not hamper sales of the P100D.

Even at 3.6, the advertised spec was always 4.3sec.

I’m not surprised the Raven has offered up some power or torque in favour of better range.

Is your 3.6s with a 1ft rollout or from a dead stop?

I'm not sure there's an assigned ratio at maximum acceleration - I'm thinking it's "everything the motors can put out" or perhaps "everything the tires can take."

Here you can see that a Ludicrous Raven S peaks at 360 kW rear and 177.5 front:

Here's a pre-Raven P100DL for comparison:

Is the visual in the video on the left available for everyone? I have a 2016 P90DL and havent been able to find this menu in the settings and wondering if this is only available on new / raven cars?