Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven P100DL power measurement anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Raven Performance (P100DL) pulled a max of 578.2 kW with Ludicrous+ and launch mode. I'm guessing you're seeking measured power output at the wheels though?

IMG_3057 2_.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: sorka and byeLT4
My Raven Performance (P100DL) pulled a max of 578.2 kW with Ludicrous+ and launch mode. I'm guessing you're seeking measured power output at the wheels though?

View attachment 444986

Nope. Just battery power is what I was after.

That's certainly higher than any pre Raven P100DL. How much was your battery charged when you took that reading and had you just turned L+ on or had it been on for long enough to warm the battery to optimal?

That's about 775 hp at the battery. There's about a 10% loss from inverter to motor output which makes it about 700 hp at the drive shaft.

You're almost certainly traction limited below 60 MPH. Was that max reading above 60 mph?

Battery was just over 90%, and max battery was fully enabled and "ready". Unfortunately, I don't recall when that max reading was achieved. From memory/feel, I'd say somewhere between 30-60mph, but take that with a grain of salt.

I'm attaching my Dragy results for that run.

Cool. I just wanted to make sure you were WOT past 60 MPH. So the draggy shows it all. So that is the maximum power. The highest I've seen previously was 567 kw under ideal conditions. So it's more but not enough to account for a 1/2 second improvement in the 1/4. Most like that improvement is the result of a more efficient front motor and most likely less EMF back force on that motor so that power doesn't pull back at higher speeds like it does with dual induction motors.

To the best of my knowledge, it cannot forced to appear prior to the battery being fully heated. I would certainly prefer it displayed indefinitely, regardless of whether I'm activating the max battery option. But unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.