Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven Performance Boost OTA Update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect the Plaid to be around 850 to 900 kW, or possibly even 1 MW at max performance “Plaid+” with launch mode.

It has to be sufficient to beat the Taycan “Turbo” around the ‘Ring and the Porsche will likely have the edge in all-out handling.

It will be closer to the Taycan’s price unfortunately.

Reactions: Aleks0404
I expect the Plaid to be around 850 to 900 kW, or possibly even 1 MW at max performance “Plaid+” with launch mode.

It has to be sufficient to beat the Taycan “Turbo” around the ‘Ring and the Porsche will likely have the edge in all-out handling.

It will be closer to the Taycan’s price unfortunately.

Power isn't the problem at the 'Ring for the S, its cooling; after 4ish minutes at full tilt it goes into limp mode. Hoping that the Plaid upgrade will also have new pack cooling to let it run full tilt long enough to complete the lap...

Is diff between BATTERY_PWR and MOTOR_PWR due to loss in inverter?

If that is true and we use instantaneous VAL below we get an impressive ~96% efficiency!

489.5/509.8=0.96

Screenshot_20200410-080816.png

Thanks for the information.
If that’s the case and the Raven models share the same rear motor as the p100d models why can’t the p100d specs also have the power increase ‍♂️?

Max power on Performance Teslas has usually been limited by the pack - hence things like the Ludicrous pyrotechnic fuse that allowed higher current flows.

No one has put forward any information about what changed that I’ve seen, but we do know Ravens got a new pack version - rev E of the 100 kWh pack (and now rev F for the last few months I think?)

It’s entirely possible that these newer packs have some change that allows more power than older packs.

Is diff between BATTERY_PWR and MOTOR_PWR due to loss in inverter?

If that is true and we use instantaneous VAL below we get an impressive ~96% efficiency!

489.5/509.8=0.96

View attachment 531018

Ravens are supposed to be able to hit efficiencies in that range for at least part of the envelope with their fancy silicon carbide power electronics.

My assumption when I saw the difference was that this was the voltage sag at work - that they were measuring the input power to the drive inverters vs the power coming out of the battery, and the difference is the losses in the wiring as you push a torrent of electricity down fairly small wires.

If someone has a full acceleration run video and is bored in quarantine, it’d be fairly easy to distinguish the two by plotting the efficiency of every frame and making a curve

My assumed theory would follow a current squared rule - at low power levels it’d be nearly 100% and the efficiency would drop as the current loads up.

If they’re reporting the motor outputs vs battery output, most AC motors have peak efficiency near the middle of the power curve, and you should never see more than ~97%.

Ravens are supposed to be able to hit efficiencies in that range for at least part of the envelope with their fancy silicon carbide power electronics.

My assumption when I saw the difference was that this was the voltage sag at work - that they were measuring the input power to the drive inverters vs the power coming out of the battery, and the difference is the losses in the wiring as you push a torrent of electricity down fairly small wires.

If someone has a full acceleration run video and is bored in quarantine, it’d be fairly easy to distinguish the two by plotting the efficiency of every frame and making a curve

My assumed theory would follow a current squared rule - at low power levels it’d be nearly 100% and the efficiency would drop as the current loads up.

If they’re reporting the motor outputs vs battery output, most AC motors have peak efficiency near the middle of the power curve, and you should never see more than ~97%.
I will check efficiency at low load.

Am I the only one who noticed that "cheetah stance" launch control sounds exactly like an Audi R8 launch control?
After 1.5 seconds of keeping the Raven P100D - it starts making the sound which is almost exactly the same (even in pitch) to the R8 launch control.

Nice!

Hey everyone,

So I got a OTA update last night. It indicated an increase in 0-60 times and new launch mode features. I was super hyped and I installed the software through the app. When I got into my car this morning, the only release notes I got were about the dashcam viewer.

I'm confused, I thought the P100D's didn't get the 0-60 boost?

So I got a OTA update last night. It indicated an increase in 0-60 times and new launch mode features. I was super hyped and I installed the software through the app. When I got into my car this morning, the only release notes I got were about the dashcam viewer.

I'm confused, I thought the P100D's didn't get the 0-60 boost?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the year of your car.
Has to be a Raven model.

My friend has a 2017 P100D/got update however got same as your only dashcam update