Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven Performance Model Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I just put an order in for a Raven performance model. I was thinking long range initially but the overnight test drive got me hooked. I’m seeing on this forum almost all purchases are long range. Now I’m starting to second guess my decision. Does anyone who has the performance model regret their decision? What is the real world range? Thanks

I have a Raven Performance Model S and you have made a brilliant choice to buy one. The Performance model is just ridiculously quick.
The difference in price is partially offset by the higher residual value and the slightly lower range is not an issue if you plan your longest trips correctly.
I will own my Raven until the Plaid powered Model S is available . Gotta have one of those !

Hi. I just put an order in for a Raven performance model. I was thinking long range initially but the overnight test drive got me hooked. I’m seeing on this forum almost all purchases are long range. Now I’m starting to second guess my decision. Does anyone who has the performance model regret their decision? What is the real world range? Thanks

Performance bro!!!!!!!!! All the way! As long as it is in your budget the question is not should I get it.... it is why not get it? I am going to the track tonight to get real numbers on my Performance Model S (Raven).

220acde2-03f8-4ba1-9586-e412ddce9083.jpg

I have a Raven Performance Model S and you have made a brilliant choice to buy one. The Performance model is just ridiculously quick.
The difference in price is partially offset by the higher residual value and the slightly lower range is not an issue if you plan your longest trips correctly.
I will own my Raven until the Plaid powered Model S is available . Gotta have one of those !
any idea realistically when the Plaid is due in the UK?
im about to buy a tesla and would likely go S performance or possibly X p100d
thanks

I think Elon said that the Plaid Model S will be available sometime in late summer early fall 2020 in the USA. Not sure what the delay will be for a right hand drive UK car.
I suspect the Plaid Model S will also have a refreshed exterior and interior. No inside information here ... just seems like it's about time.

Reactions: poolmeds
I purchased the Performance Raven the 1st day it was available for order. For the week(maybe two) Tesla said previous owners would get the $20,000 Ludicrous upgrade for free as a owner benefit. I, knowing better smh, ordered it instead of the long range thinking it would be a great re-sale value for me. Well as you know everybody gets a free $20,000 Ludicrous upgrade now so absolutely no benefit.

One thing you do need to check out tough is your insurance. My long time insurance company that insures everything able to be insured with me rejected the car and I had to go with Progressive at a substantially higher price than my 2017 S100D and probably a new 2019 S100D would have been.

Knowing what I know now I would have been a happier buyer with a LR S100D Raven instead.

I purchased the Performance Raven the 1st day it was available for order. For the week(maybe two) Tesla said previous owners would get the $20,000 Ludicrous upgrade for free as a owner benefit. I, knowing better smh, ordered it instead of the long range thinking it would be a great re-sale value for me. Well as you know everybody gets a free $20,000 Ludicrous upgrade now so absolutely no benefit.

One thing you do need to check out tough is your insurance. My long time insurance company that insures everything able to be insured with me rejected the car and I had to go with Progressive at a substantially higher price than my 2017 S100D and probably a new 2019 S100D would have been.

Knowing what I know now I would have been a happier buyer with a LR S100D Raven instead.

Great info. I checked with State Farm and quote is a couple hundred more per year vs LR.

Had fun at the track. Ran a 10.604 @ 124mph with a 0-60 in 2.4secs. This thing is a rocket. Full vid coming soon to Dragtimes YouTube channel. Here is the footage from the on board cameras. Turn down your volume, the music overlay is garbage. I was messing with the YouTube editor and added just out of curiosity and I've been too lazy to go back and remove it.

Top times are from an Audi R8 V10+

Bottom times are from 2019 Raven Model S LR Performance. Launch Mode and Ludicrous + enabled. Battery at 92%. I did 3 other passes that were all in the 10.6 range.

RenderedImage.jpeg

Tesla in Left Lane

IMG_0472-1.jpeg

Had fun at the track. Ran a 10.604 @ 124mph with a 0-60 in 2.4secs. This thing is a rocket. Full vid coming soon to Dragtimes YouTube channel. Here is the footage from the on board cameras. Turn down your volume, the music overlay is garbage. I was messing with the YouTube editor and added just out of curiosity and I've been too lazy to go back and remove it.

Top times are from an Audi R8 V10+

Bottom times are from 2019 Raven Model S LR Performance. Launch Mode and Ludicrous + enabled. Battery at 92%. I did 3 other passes that were all in the 10.6 range.

View attachment 470801

Tesla in Left Lane

View attachment 470802

Nice Run. Really like Drag times videos. No B.S. and absolutely no loyalty to any specific brand. So you know your always get an honest genuine opinion. Keep up the good work

Reactions: Racerx22b
nice
o.png