Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven Suspension Comfort vs Auto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I was under the impression Auto would basically be normally Comfort until it detects evasive or spirited driving and then dynamically switch to Sport.

For grins I switched it to Comfort. Now it feels like it just floats over bumpy roads.

Your thoughts on this setting?

do you feel like the raven suspension has a tremor or bump reverberation to it on bumps that make it through the dampening? Mine is kinda doing this and my steering wheel seems to be tremoring from road bumps. additionally how harsh is the road transference into the steering wheel for you? mine is unbearable

do you feel like the raven suspension has a tremor or bump reverberation to it on bumps that make it through the dampening? Mine is kinda doing this and my steering wheel seems to be tremoring from road bumps. additionally how harsh is the road transference into the steering wheel for you? mine is unbearable

Mine seems fine. Currently on 19” Winter Set from Tesla. Around town I’m on standard height, highway on low. Non Performance. If that helps.

do you find that water bottles or other things in the arm rest cup holders rattle?
also How noticeable is Sport vs Comfort. I feel no difference between the two

I notice the difference in comfort vs auto so I’m sure I’d notice comfort and sport. Have not tried Sport since I got the car. The difference in Auto vs Comfort is not immediate but I have a fairly rough entrance road at work, lots of repairs and it’s a perfect test.

I don’t use those cup holders often, but nothing that I recall as unusual comes to mind. I am on 19” snow package at the moment and on Auto low.

Reactions: Scott1258
I was under the impression Auto would basically be normally Comfort until it detects evasive or spirited driving and then dynamically switch to Sport.

For grins I switched it to Comfort. Now it feels like it just floats over bumpy roads.

Your thoughts on this setting?

I was under the exact same impression and I had the exact same experience that you had. Comfort is great. I like it better than Auto.

I just got my 2020 XLR. Def like Comfort best. I had to return the M3LR I bought last Sept because of the ride. There are still some types of bumps where I don't like the feel; the car shudders. But overall it's a great ride.

I never notice a shudder, rail road tracks, speed bumps, you name it. I kind of expect it from previous cars but it takes it all in.

Curious Which height, Which rims, Which tires, What tire pressure, What Steering mode?

Height is Auto Low.
Steering on Standard.
Current tires / rims are the Tesla 19" Winter package (love them).
Tire pressure Door tag (45 psi cold).

Summer is 20" OEM but I never had those on Comfort.

I wasn't smart enough to "return" my Model 3, waited a year and sold it, no real regrets though.

I never notice a shudder, rail road tracks, speed bumps, you name it. I kind of expect it from previous cars but it takes it all in.

Curious Which height, Which rims, Which tires, What tire pressure, What Steering mode?

Height is Auto Low.
Steering on Standard.
Current tires / rims are the Tesla 19" Winter package (love them).
Tire pressure Door tag (45 psi cold).

Summer is 20" OEM but I never had those on Comfort.

I wasn't smart enough to "return" my Model 3, waited a year and sold it, no real regrets though.
I run on Comfort suspension, Auto height, Standard steering, 20” wheels, currently Scorpion snows but w/b all seasons in general. Standard pressure which for the snows is 45psi.

Reactions: mswlogo