Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven Suspension Randomly Raising and Lowering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my 2021 Raven Long Range Plus since February and I’ve driven many freeway miles already.

Tonight, driving on the freeway, I see on the IC: “Raising Suspension to improve ride comfort” at random times.

I’ve never seen this happen before tonight. So I pull up the suspension screen and I see it raised to Standard. After about 30 seconds it goes back down to Low.

This is a different notification on the IC from the normal “Raising Suspension based on location” which I’ve only set for my home driveway.

I just downloaded 2021.12.25.7 last night. Is this a new feature of the software update that Tesla added to raise the car when it believes the road is bumpy?

There are some X owners that would love know if you figure it out..

There are some X owners that would love know if you figure it out..

Yes, it appears this was a new feature added in the software update at that time. I know this now for a fact because I saw a YouTube video of someone doing a review on the new Plaid and he said his car is doing the same thing.

Reactions: Harvey Danger
Sure enough I was driving on a particularly bumpy part of the interstate when I noticed this pop up. First time I’ve noticed it. Not sure if it really makes a difference but pretty cool concept to automatically improve comfort.

2CF37D63-4BBD-4C10-80C3-DDEB66DED916.jpeg

Reactions: redmunds
I've had exactly this once or twice these last few weeks when driving over those shallow speed bumps that have a smaller and smaller distance between them to "encourage" you to slow down before a roundabout. Like road corrugations.

Since an update a year or so ago, when they added the suspension visualizations, they've been logging data from the fleet on road conditions based on suspension travel. They use that data now for crowd sourced suspension adjustments when you approach areas that have been consistently bumpy. Elon tweeted something about them using the data for FSD (which I took as "we'll add road conditions to our internal ever-more-HD maps and do things like this with it")

Mine does this. I believe it memorizes where the rough areas are and does it from then on. I drive the same route to work and my car always raises the suspension when approaching the rough area. Smart.