Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven tire replacement rubbing

huntson

Nov 20, 2018
Rockville Centre, NY
I recently purchased a Model S Raven that I absolutely love. The Goodyear stock tires were disappointing in almost every way and I was quite surprised to even see them considering the Michelin’s my M3 was delivered with. I swapped them out for P7 Plus’s (I have a love affair with these and I know I’m not the only one). They were good for about a week and then on a trip with unusually high winds, I noticed some rubbing noises when going around 70+ mph. I surmised that the material around the wheel well was getting pushed into the wheels by the wind. It was quite disappointing to see and now that I observe, the tires are fairy close to the wheel well.

Am I stuck between a rock and a hard place? Should I purchase a smaller tire size of the p7’s and see if that helps my issue? What is the sister size down from the recommended Model S size?

SSedan

Jul 24, 2017
Greenville Wisconsin
A friend's dad had a 4wd truck that would pull all over the place in 4wd, lots of trips to the dealer went thru everything till the oil change guy noticed a tire looked bigger...........it was despite the same size markings on the side.

Zooomer

Apr 3, 2016
grand rapids mi
I ran the P7 in 245/40/20 in front and 245/45/20 in rear. They rubbed on bumps and highway dips. Car is lowered 1.5". Swapping to 245/40's all the way around on the new Raven.

huntson

Nov 20, 2018
Rockville Centre, NY
Following up here since it's been a while. I've been doing quite a bit of driving and no issues since that one night. Quite odd as I distinctly recall it happening on at least three out of four tires. Not sure what the deal is but I will keep an eye on it moving forward.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC