Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven X 0-60 P100D w/o warmup time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at a Long distance or Performance X. Really Need the distance, as I'm in one of the few places where I can't SC on some trips (northern Wis to U.P. of Michigan, 240 miles door to door). In Winter, even a LR+ and 30% range loss is going to be close.

That said, a Performance with 2.6 sec 0-60 IS appealing. But seeing have to lower suspension to low-low and do warmup-time on battery for fastest speed, seems like not going to see 2.6 on a daily basis. Like some said here, lowerer, warm battery and 20 minutes later, you are racing the Prius next to you...

So, how fast is the Performance in just "punching it", no prepping? 3.2-3.5?

Thanks!

Looking at a Long distance or Performance X. Really Need the distance, as I'm in one of the few places where I can't SC on some trips (northern Wis to U.P. of Michigan, 240 miles door to door). In Winter, even a LR+ and 30% range loss is going to be close.

That said, a Performance with 2.6 sec 0-60 IS appealing. But seeing have to lower suspension to low-low and do warmup-time on battery for fastest speed, seems like not going to see 2.6 on a daily basis. Like some said here, lowerer, warm battery and 20 minutes later, you are racing the Prius next to you...

Thanks!

The tires on the P are what eats range. If you get a P100D w 20 inch wheels and low rolling resistance tires, you will get most of the range back. But of course, you won’t have the performance. Personally, I’d get the 100D for its range. But 240 miles is a stretch, unless you drive it like Prius.

Performance with 2.6 sec 0-60 IS appealing.
It is for a few launches than novelty wears off;)...to get perfect conditions u need warm up full SOc etc ..the car is fast without even warming up in L+ mode ...I read your other thread it’s going to be extremely difficult to do that 240 mile stretch in winter ..if not impossible unless driving extremely slow and turning off heater :eek:

Thanks!

There are plans to put an SC in Escanaba and Marquette. Follow this thread for updates -

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

I was able to get a 0-60 time of 3.1 sec without warm up in my old 2017 MX P100DL. My car has a 2.9 second 0-60 when new.

The tires on the P are what eats range. If you get a P100D w 20 inch wheels and low rolling resistance tires, you will get most of the range back. But of course, you won’t have the performance. Personally, I’d get the 100D for its range. But 240 miles is a stretch, unless you drive it like Prius.

The rear Performance motors on the Model S and X Perfs are what eat range. Putting 20" wheels on a MX Perf will not get you the range of an LR+.

• Informative
Reactions: shinytop and P85_DA