Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven X has landed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call on Thursday to say my MX had arrived early. Was in Edinburgh within 2 hours to pick it up!
Absolutely delighted with it. Paint/panels all perfect. Delivery experience was brilliant - great team at Edinburgh. Drive home was fun, cameras calibrated within about 25 miles. Unfortunately yesterday morning while driving to work I managed to get a flat and damage one of the rims. I was playing with AP while on side streets and realised too late it hadn't seen an island in the middle of the road. Hit the kerb and tyre went pop. Called roadside assistance and was told the "wheel/tyre loaner" wasn't available but could be towed within 50 miles. Needless to say nowhere had a 265/35R22 102W in stock so it's in the tyre place near my house waiting for a tyre to arrive tomorrow. Many lessons have been learned! Still delighted with everything and looking forward to putting some miles on it!

Not many decent pics yet but here's a few camera snaps!
20190808_145045.jpg
20190809_173226.jpg
20190809_173236.jpg
20190810_091926.jpg
20190810_100743.jpg
20190810_120200.jpg

Car looks fantastic though I’m totally gutted for you. I know I’d be devastated if it was me.

Thankfully all relatively minor. Hope you’re back on the road ASAP!

P.S. You're comment about Tesla contacting you out of the blue saying your car arrived early has really put me back on edge and given me an unjustified sense of excitement that I won't have to wait until Friday! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: GraemeS
Congrats Graeme! Shocker on the tyre/wheel but that'll be history in no time.

Same colour as me. I wasn't 100% confident on blue but I really think it was a great choice now.

They also called me to offer collection a few days early, I just couldn't make it.

Car looks fantastic though I’m totally gutted for you. I know I’d be devastated if it was me.

Thankfully all relatively minor. Hope you’re back on the road ASAP!

P.S. You're comment about Tesla contacting you out of the blue saying your car arrived early has really put me back on edge and given me an unjustified sense of excitement that I won't have to wait until Friday! :p

I was supposed to be collecting on wednesday.... now its tomorrow morning ;) keep getting excited there :)

Reactions: GraemeS and dst87
@GraemeS Look on the positive side, at least you have broken the kerbing fear quickly!! The 22s are lovely but really attract kerb damage, I've collected more scrapes on ours in 6K than in 20K on the previous 20s.

Anyways am sure it'll be a short temp blip to the start of our ownership experience, we just come back on the M6/69 in some pretty horrible weather in our X. 37K in am still amazed at how good this car is to drive, my wife thinks am crazy that one of my favorite parts of any family weekend trip is the drive :).

Got a call on Thursday to say my MX had arrived early. Was in Edinburgh within 2 hours to pick it up!
Absolutely delighted with it. Paint/panels all perfect. Delivery experience was brilliant - great team at Edinburgh. Drive home was fun, cameras calibrated within about 25 miles. Unfortunately yesterday morning while driving to work I managed to get a flat and damage one of the rims. I was playing with AP while on side streets and realised too late it hadn't seen an island in the middle of the road. Hit the kerb and tyre went pop. Called roadside assistance and was told the "wheel/tyre loaner" wasn't available but could be towed within 50 miles. Needless to say nowhere had a 265/35R22 102W in stock so it's in the tyre place near my house waiting for a tyre to arrive tomorrow. Many lessons have been learned! Still delighted with everything and looking forward to putting some miles on it!

Not many decent pics yet but here's a few camera snaps!View attachment 440439 View attachment 440440 View attachment 440441 View attachment 440442 View attachment 440443 View attachment 440444

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, you probably learnt more in the first 24 hours than some owners have through this!

Note for other new drivers probably best to stick to using AP on the dual carriageways and motorways before trying side streets until you have some confidence in the system.

I’m interested to see if it’s changed at all from mine (31/10/16 - 01/03/17).

You going Raven? (sorry, not seen a thread ... not enough time to keep up with the influx of 3-reads :)

I'm thinking:

We have VW <spit> EocBox for journeys which are EV-challenged (basically only business journeys where time is critical - that would drop to pretty much zero days a year for Raven LR). I would love not to have that VW sitting on my drive advertising that I'm known to be ECO but OK with DieselGate ... I'm not. Never going to buy anything from the VW stable ever again in my lifetime ...

So if I swap the 90D for Raven that will get me 300 miles at 75 MPH (yeah, salesman told me it would be far more than that <sigh>) that will solve the long journeys (for fun I checked a Courcheval trip ... 1h40m charging. Heck! we stop for longer than that with ICE :)

And then swap the ICE for a Model-3 (seems like the most cost effective LR route is the P :rolleyes: )

I haven't dared broach the subject yet (but went for a test drive ... and left a print out of the Email on the kitchen work-surface Doh! so management has an inkling (well ... quite a bit more than that if she read all of the Memo!!) ... I need to get my Man Maths in order first ... not sure that "couldn't afford not to have it" will cut it this time ...

Optimistically I've got £50K make-up to do on the S and another £56,740 on the P ... its a fair chunk of change.

Both are currently on the Company so £5K-ish to save on BiK on ICE, and current year silly-rate on MS will drop significantly next year. So probably £7,500 p.a. over 3 years
And £50K make-up (MS) and £57K (M3) to shove through 100% First year Writeoff
£5K maybe from sale of ICE
Fuel for the ICE - £1,000 p.a. over 3 years.
And I'm wondering if we could save £7,500 on a second PowerWall and charge the at-home EV off the PV instead ...

My figures must be getting close already? ...

I'll look in the other pocket for the cost of getting them both? wrapped ...

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
My figures must be getting close already? ...

TBH I think you could sway these figures in whichever direction you are leaning too emotionally at the time of calculation ;). Having spoken to a pal last week who has had his health taken away, I would say go for it and live for today - so long as tomorrows bills are covered. Not always an easy balance I know.

You going Raven?

What great probing from my seemingly innocuous question about delivery times :D. The answer is....not yet. I'm still of the view there will be some external changes to the S over the next 6-12 months or so. My deadline is March '21 when the car goes back + a cheque for the excess mileage :eek: - but great fun has been had so no regrets.

Or If I can move the car on between now and then without taking a financial pasting I'll do so - but won't start bashing the man maths calculator until I think the car is in it's final iteration between now and March '21.

Interesting times, as always

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I was supposed to be collecting on wednesday.... now its tomorrow morning ;) keep getting excited there :)
Well I got a call from the 01628 number which I've come to understand as being Tesla.

She was calling from Edinburgh, and wanted to discuss my delivery. My heart is thumping.

She confirmed my appointment at 2pm on Friday but they do have something a little sooner... let me just check... We can do 9am instead?

I mean of course I bit her hand off, even if I got a little too excited for a moment! I also received an email with my registration number so they seem to be on the ball.

What great probing from my seemingly innocuous question about delivery times

Call me "Cambridge Analytica" ...

I'm still of the view there will be some external changes to the S over the next 6-12 months or so

I am favouring "a good deal" instead ... I am not expecting a face-lift of some sort without a price lift - trouble is, each time I think "that'll do me" another offer comes along getting better each time. Free Supercharging back again now (worth all of a £hundred-quid a year to me ... but ...)

My crystal ball says there will have to be a price increase to counteract falling pound, so buying the day before that on longest possible lead time [is there such a thing anymore?] suits me best - and, personally, I prefer that to a refresh taht may well come with some teething problems.

live for today

Good point.

Wifee was cataloguing a long list of faults to our lunch guests at the weekend ... and I was saying "hang on a mo ..." to most of them. "Every time there is a new update it loses all my settings" ... errmmm ... I don't remember that ever happening, she can't remember the password for the APP (fair enough, I figure given the risk a password breach represents that a Properly Secure Password is called for), so that is an annoyance for her when APP wants a fresh login. But "Car fails to precondition for me" can only be a TeslaFi's problem and not fair to tar the car with that brush. Anyway, I did a masterly distraction with description of Fart mode ...

Sorry, getting off track. So despite her "long list of faults" she takes the car for every trip, except "time-sensitive impossible ones" ... so I don't think it can be all bad. She would prefer a smaller-form-factor vehicle most of the time, so with both on the driveway she can "choose long-range or nippy". I'll see if the PR department can improve on that as a strap-line !

Reactions: SmartElectric
Call me "Cambridge Analytica" ...

Ha!

I am favouring "a good deal" instead ... I am not expecting a face-lift of some sort without a price lift - trouble is, each time I think "that'll do me" another offer comes along getting better each time. Free Supercharging back again now (worth all of a £hundred-quid a year to me ... but ...)

My crystal ball says there will have to be a price increase to counteract falling pound, so buying the day before that on longest possible lead time [is there such a thing anymore?] suits me best - and, personally, I prefer that to a refresh taht may well come with some teething problems.

All good points, and I got in last time before the Brexit price adjustment, and that saved me £10k. I too am concerned that if there is a refresh it might include the landscape screen, which personally I'm not overly keen on.

We are also drifting rather OT, and possibly not for the first time....:rolleyes:

Reactions: WannabeOwner