Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RBC Auto Loans... Are You Really That Clueless?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, our car loan from RBC. Today in the mail we receive our welcome letter.... telling us to go to www.rbc.com/autowelcome to get started...

Later on in the letter it says "Plus, you can instantly save on fuel and earn more points at Petro-Canada by linking any RBC debit or credit card to your Petro-Points card."

So, here is the website. Really... I can save 3c a litre on gas at Petro Canada.... talk about your really bad cross promotions!

upload_2019-6-27_12-55-58.png

So, our car loan from RBC. Today in the mail we receive our welcome letter.... telling us to go to www.rbc.com/autowelcome to get started...

Later on in the letter it says "Plus, you can instantly save on fuel and earn more points at Petro-Canada by linking any RBC debit or credit card to your Petro-Points card."

So, here is the website. Really... I can save 3c a litre on gas at Petro Canada.... talk about your really bad cross promotions!

I could use that for my pickup truck until Tesla makes its pickup.

what if you have more than 1 car? and the other is not ev? like my self
also these are automated i am pretty sure, relax its just a flyer lol

I'm not upset.. just think it's stupidity.

EV drivers are early adopters, exactly the people who are most likely to change banks, get a new CC, want the newest electronic services, etc. So, if you are writing loans to them, you should use that advantage and sell other services... instead they are failing. And as a shareholder.... you can only think that they are letting opportunity slip through their fingers...

Maybe offering a card that when linked to "the electric circuit" or "chargepoint" offers bonus points. Or a way to get clients by offering a Samsung watch with SamsungPay linking to change to RBC... gotta think of what you can offer... you have a chance to convert a client... it's one of the reasons you wrote that loan in the first place... I haven't had an RBC account in 20 years... here's your chance to get me as a customer... instead, you fell flat.

Incidentally, I walked away from RBC about 20 years ago, over an ever increasing interest rate at Visa that they "couldn't" lower. I control a few accounts and I have had banks call to try to get my business. When you get a toehold... you should try to use it... not fail at it.

Reactions: KootsChewt
i agree with you we are early adopters we are more tech savvy than most
honestly i made a thread here about the raptors winning the championship and some people were just uptight "we" me really do skip to a different beat.

you would be amazed at how archaic the banks are and some of the service industries

It took over a year before my local Chevy dealership stopped calling us to remind us that we get 3 free oil changes with our new Chevrolet and if we wanted to schedule an appointment....part of me wanted to book the appointment and show up in our Bolt and ask for the oil change they promised :)
I totally would have. Sometimes, the only way to get people to learn is to rub their noses in it.

Reactions: S'toon
As has been mentioned, many may have a second ICE car and all RBC is doing here is cross-promoting a deal they have on with PetroCanada right now. On the flip side, I get lots of PetroCan spam telling me to get a RBC card (I refuse to deal with RBC after horrible, horrible experiences in the past).

BTW, I have a Petro Points card because I use their Glide car washes and can collect points.

You're right, Irving Oil has a lock on the market there, as I discovered during a trip to PEI recently. Funny though, the B&B we stayed at had a couple of kids washing guests' cars for a few bucks (a rental ICE car in our case).
Also, I don't know the relationship between Tesla and Irving but all the Superchargers I know of in NB are on a Irving site.