TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

RC Model 3 Charity Auction.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BigBird271, Jun 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BigBird271

BigBird271 Member

As some of you may have seen I have created a Tesla Model 3 body designed to fit on a high end hobby type RC car chassie. I have received a good deal of interest in this body at my local RC car race track over the last few months and when combined with the intense interest in the full sized Model 3 this got me thinking: would it be possible to put together a charity auction with one of these RC cars as a prize? Here's what I envision: a ready to race chassis with all required accessories such as controller, batteries and charger included and mated to one of my Model 3 bodies which not only includes working head/tail lights but has also been autographed by Elon Musk and many of the top engineers and/or directors responsible for making the full sized Model 3 a reality.

While I have done charity work similar to this before and have a pretty good handle on how to run it I am hoping someone can give me some guidance on how to get in touch with the right people at Tesla to get permission to auction off the Model 3 body (which is based their intellectual property) with chassis and to get said body autographed.

I see a real opportunity with this project to do some good for someone In need and couldn't live with my self if I didn't act. If there's anyone out there who knows who I should contact please let me know. I thank you in advance!

BigBird271

• Like x 1
  2. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

You should spell out Remote Control. Around here RC means Release Candidate.

• Like x 2
  3. BigBird271

BigBird271 Member

Good point, hadn't thought of that. I'll go back an edit it if I can.