Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RCCB Cams? Yes or No?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone tell by these images if these are RCCB cams? Tesla CS told me that I need cam upgrades, but then I called the service center and they said I for sure have RCCB cams installed. I don't know who to trust so I figured I'd ask the experts here on the forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to get this sorted out!

Front.JPGLH Repeater.JPGRH Repeater.JPG

I could be wrong, but I always thought the car's camera signals are enhanced for viewing. Here's a little more about the cameras and filters.

There's a lot more about the cameras on the TMC forums and also on greetheonly's Twitter account.

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell by these images if these are RCCB cams? Tesla CS told me that I need cam upgrades, but then I called the service center and they said I for sure have RCCB cams installed. I don't know who to trust so I figured I'd ask the experts here on the forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to get this sorted out!

View attachment 767722View attachment 767723View attachment 767724
Pretty sure they are RCCB... check out my video comparison on this thread

Reactions: backinthelab
Upvote 0
This should take you to the my post with the videos

Upvote 0
Also if you had your cameras upgraded fill out the tracking spreadsheet on the first post AP2.0 Camera Upgrade Rollout Status

Upvote 0
Thanks, I've searched for those photos but I was still not sure. Getting conflicting info from Tesla has furthered my lack of confidence. I'd hate to be sitting here thinking I'm waiting on FSD if the cams aren't even correct, so I appreciate your input!
Here's my before & after (retrofit) screenshots

Upvote 0
Also if you had your cameras upgraded fill out the tracking spreadsheet on the first post AP2.0 Camera Upgrade Rollout Status

Awesome, thank you! I don't know how I missed those videos in my search! I never had my cameras scheduled to be updated, I'm assuming that either they just did it when I bought the MCU2 or since my vehicle was a late August 2017 build and came with AP3 that they are from the factory.

Edit: I went ahead and entered my info in the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They didn't upgrade cameras with MCU2 upgrade, but August 2017 is around the time when they switched from RCCC to RCCB cameras, so looks like yours came with RCCB.
Based on your question I assume you haven't received FSD Beta.
When did you opt in and what has been your score and miles?

Upvote 0
They didn't upgrade cameras with MCU2 upgrade, but August 2017 is around the time when they switched from RCCC to RCCB cameras, so looks like yours came with RCCB.
Based on your question I assume you haven't received FSD Beta.
When did you opt in and what has been your score and miles?
Opted out and back in on Jan 26th because I didn't fully comprehend the scoring (had an 86). Since then, I've driven about 1500 miles and have maintained a 99. I'm currently on 2022.4.5.1 but now have the consistent "Autopark disabled" warning and have a ranger scheduled for next week.

Upvote 0