TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rdio shutting down

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Gizmotoy, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Some news came out today that might impact our EU owners. It appears Rdio is shutting down its service and selling off assets to Pandora. It looks like Rdio is about to file for bankrupcy protection and will cease to provide service once the transaction with Pandora is complete. Pandora intends to take advantage of the assets by late 2016, to give some sort of timeline.

Rdio shutting down, and Pandora will buy its technology | Ars Technica

I wonder how this will affect current owners. Tesla might need to make a similar agreement with Pandora or Spotify, I suppose. Both of which may be good news for US owners. Maybe we could get in on that too.

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I'm very happy with Pandora and would be great to have that app in the car.

3. gizmonty

gizmonty Member

Sounds like a good opportunity to fix the buggy feature-deficient Rdio player! This could be good news.

4. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

That's what we have in Australia too. Pretty buggy though. Many songs don't play all the way through and just hang even in good signal areas.

5. mwulff

mwulff Member

I would love to see more choice in the car. Spotify and Apple Music would be good, just to name a few.

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

God I hope they would then bring Pandora to US-spec cars too! :)