TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Re-badging the trunk?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by gordo, May 7, 2015.

1. gordo

gordo Member

I had my entire car wrapped in XPEL and wanted to de-badge just the P85D. It came back with the 'Model S' debadged as well. Just curious how one might go about putting the 'Model S' back on.

1. What adhesive tape should I use? I assume I'll need to do some pretty intricate cutting with an exacto knife to get it right.
    2. How can I get the location of the letters in the right place? Is there a template or set of measurements out there I can use as a guide? I'd prefer not to just eyeball it if possible.

2. Kalud

Kalud Member

I am pretty sure service center have a template for that. Otherwise I would make one using a cardboard or paper sheet on a Model S that still has its badge on.

3. aneusomy

aneusomy Member

Can confirm-- service centre does have a template, they put mine back on after xpel wrap :)

4. gordo

gordo Member

Awesome, I will call the nearest service center. Any idea whether they can re-apply adhesive, or do I need to get that put on myself?

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Now THAT is service!

6. FrederikC

FrederikC Teslafied.eu

6 cm above middle S.

7. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Shouldnt the place that did the wrap put them back on? The same thing happened to me when I had my car wrapped in Xpel. I called tesla first and they quoted me $65 to re apply I called the place that didn't and they had my badging back on in less than 15 minutes (minus the P85)

8. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

How much is an entire car XPEL wrap?

9. mmccord

mmccord Member

Getting mine done this week. I'm paying a little over 5k.

10. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

How about some pics of this wrap?
    Blacky.jpg
    That's mine. The goal may be to make it so dark it's no longer visible to the human eye ;)
    And I don't think that's with any filter, just a normal iPhone pic, unless it does something to it.