Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Re-enable supercharging service request on salvage title.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t get ahold of “Ingineer” not sure what happened to him but he appears to be offline in every way I have to contact him so my car is basically unserviceable as Tesla can’t talk to the car and Ingineer has the passwords I’m stuck with an unserviceable car and a persistent error “car may shut down unexpectedly, contact Tesla service”

Tesla service center offered,for a fee, to bring it back to factory settings and do a high voltage inspection. This would bring me completely back to factory settings.

My question is, is there a person or walkthrough guide I can get to re-enable supercharging once it’s back on Tesla’s network. I currently have supercharging enabled, against Tesla’s will so I know it’s possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Willing to pay someone who can help out.

note: I bought the car as rebuilt and was rooted by Ingineer before i got the car.
I’ve done my best to be a valuable member of this community, I could use some help now. Thanks.

Time to pay Tesla. That's the cost of trying to be cheap.
I did get ahold of Ingineer, but you are right

Tesla will charge 500$ to be back on their network but there is no more supercharging, EVER!
What I dont get is, my car is capable of supercharging, I pass the HV inspection at Tesla that says its all good, and they wont allow me to even pay for supercharging! what a drag!

I currently have supercharging enabled, against Tesla’s will so I know it’s possible.

Tesla ... wont allow me to even pay for supercharging!

Seems clear enough. You tried to do an end-around Tesla's clear policies on salvage cars and failed. I cannot say I am surprised.
I am curious though what Ingineer had to say. Did he expect you to be able to supercharge ?

Seems clear enough. You tried to do an end-around Tesla and failed. I cannot say I am surprised.
I am curious though what Ingineer had to say. Did he expect you to be able to supercharge ?
Ingineer is the one who enabled my supercharging, which still works. I Just want to be able to use the Tesla App and get updates, but am not able to with the service provided

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Ingineer is the one who enabled my supercharging, which still works. I Just want to be able to use the Tesla App and get updates, but am not able to with the service provided
I think I am following now ...
You have a choice between keeping supercharging outside of the Tesla approved fleet, or having an updated car that can be serviced at Tesla service centers.

Did you know this before you bought the Ingineered' salvage car ?

I think I am following now ...
You have a choice between keeping supercharging outside of the Tesla approved fleet, or having an updated car that can be serviced at Tesla service centers.

Did you know this before you bought the Ingineered' salvage car ?
That’s exactly it!
I did know this when I bought it, somehow I didn’t think it would be a big deal, for whatever reason it’s causing me a lot of stress(I don’t know why) that I can’t get it serviced if it breaks.
So I’m trying to get someone that can allow me to use the Tesla network and flip a switch when I arrive at a supercharger to allow me to charge.

I know it’s possible, I just need to find the right person. Hence the posts here on the forum.

ingineer isn’t eager to help me out as he won’t allow the car back on Tesla, I’d have to loose the 1000$ that’s been paid to him and 500$ (for the inspection they require) back to Tesla to put me on their network again and pay someone to program the car for the on/off switch for supercharging.

• Love
Will you have a warranty if you let Tesla (for lack of a better word) recertify the car ? If yes you have a decision.
If no, then for better or worse you are joined to Ingineer at the hip.

Your notion that all your problems are just a cheap programmer away is naive. Do yourself a favor and stay under Tesla's radar, let alone piss them off.
No warranty, even if they did give one it would be gone soon as it’s reaching the end of the warranty window.

That’s exactly it!
I did know this when I bought it, somehow I didn’t think it would be a big deal, for whatever reason it’s causing me a lot of stress(I don’t know why) that I can’t get it serviced if it breaks.
So I’m trying to get someone that can allow me to use the Tesla network and flip a switch when I arrive at a supercharger to allow me to charge.

I know it’s possible, I just need to find the right person. Hence the posts here on the forum.

ingineer isn’t eager to help me out as he won’t allow the car back on Tesla, I’d have to loose the 1000$ that’s been paid to him and 500$ (for the inspection they require) back to Tesla to put me on their network again and pay someone to program the car for the on/off switch for supercharging.
If you bring it back to tesla will you be able to use dc fast charging from another privider? I know electrify america is no-where near tesla supercharging but it is possible to road trip if you are allowed by tesla to dc fast charge using a chademo adapter

If you bring it back to tesla will you be able to use dc fast charging from another privider? I know electrify america is no-where near tesla supercharging but it is possible to road trip if you are allowed by tesla to dc fast charge using a chademo adapter
Yes, with an adapter this is totally a possibility, I don’t know if it will ever be at the supercharger level but yeah. Great idea.

Tesla now disables Supercharging in salvaged vehicles https://electrek.co/2020/02/12/tesla-disables-supercharging-salvaged-vehicles/

Ouch!! It seems like my idea was quickly shut down by Tesla if this article by electrek is correct. To OP, this article really pushes you harder against the wall as if true Tesla will now seek legal action against using "third party" (or hackers if you read between the lines). If I were you i would be very careful on the approach to take from here on, as the article was published today and knowing how Tesla works it wouldnt surprise me if they change their mind on anything they have told you. On a side note I hope this does not ding your for sale tread on your car, good luck.

• Funny
Tesla now disables Supercharging in salvaged vehicles Tesla now disables Supercharging in salvaged vehicles - Electrek

Ouch!! It seems like my idea was quickly shut down by Tesla if this article by electrek is correct. To OP, this article really pushes you harder against the wall as if true Tesla will now seek legal action against using "third party" (or hackers if you read between the lines). If I were you i would be very careful on the approach to take from here on, as the article was published today and knowing how Tesla works it wouldnt surprise me if they change their mind on anything they have told you. On a side note I hope this does not ding your for sale tread on your car, good luck.
I’m not too concerned as this was Tesla’s stance prior to the article, I’m not sure why Electrek decided to run that story today but maybe Tesla is getting angry. Haha. I wish they’d allow me to pay for an inspection and then pay for supercharging. I’d be all over it. I think they want to squeeze the value out of the rebuilt market and push people into a new car. It’s the only thing that makes sense.