Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Re-enrolled in FSD Beta against my wishes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opted out of FSD Beta on my 2018 Model 3 several months ago and happily returned back to my previous life of radar-enabled bliss. It took 5 emails sent to Tesla over 10 days for them to let me out.

But now…

988C8888-2A41-4AAE-902A-F1F089D22022.gif

…Last night I installed a software update (2022.12.3.20) without carefully reviewing the release notes first, and then today I got on the highway and immediately noticed that my following distance was longer than normal. Sure enough, (sh*tty) FSD Beta was back on my car along with (sh*tty) Tesla Vision.

So…
  1. WTF?
  2. Should I just take the same approach as last time to opt out again (by emailing [email protected] over and over until they let me out)?
  3. If I succeed with #2, will I just get randomly automatically re-enrolled by Tesla in another 3 months?
Thanks for any input/insight.

You did it once don’t see why it requires a story to do it again. Disable the feature settings and submit an opt out. Not really that that complicated.
I suppose. I’d just like to understand why it happened, if I should expect this to happen repeatedly, and/or if I need to be worried about getting permanently forced over to Tesla Vision sooner than those without FSD (assuming that Tesla follows through with switching everyone over at some point like they’ve hinted… although I’m not 100% sure this will ever happen given that Tesla Vision still has multiple shortcomings a full year after its debut).