Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Re: Financing. How again do I get 2.49% reduced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my exp on how I got 1.86%.

I ordered MY late July 2020. Tesla offered me 2.5% and I accept it from Wells Fargo. A couple weeks later, Watching some youtube videos on MY. This couple mention about EECU and they were offering 1.86% for a new auto loan. So I email my SA and she said, just get a full approval by them and Tesla will match it. Ok, I google EECU and went on their site. I called them and apply. They submit my info and got approved for 1.86. They mail me a membership package and I need to return it for a $5 Check (Checking account deposit) and another $10 donation fee to be a member. Then I had to email them my pay stub, current mortgage info and Tesla invoice. After I did all they ask me to do, they email me my pre approval letter stating 1.86% and I met all requirement. I email my SA that info and a day later on my Tesla account, 2.5% drop to 1.86 from Wells Fargo. Took a good week to finish the process but I got it to 1.86.

FYI, 1.86 is aug rate. SEPT rate is 1.99. If you willing to go thru these trouble. GL. I tried emailing my SA but she told me this is the only way for Wells to match it. Maybe your SA is more willing to help and not needing u go do what I did.

hope this help.

• Informative
Reactions: allen514
just emailed asking them to check other banks. No additional credit inquiry required. I believe they work with 5 different banks.

Not saying you are wrong, but hmm that's interesting since the credit inquiry is bank specific (or at least it was for me). For example, my inquiry reflects on my equifax report as "Wells Fargo Auto Finance".

Assuming that I declined that rate offer from WF or asked tesla finance to check with another lender, I would assume that the next bank would perform a credit inquiry of their own for underwriting.

Not saying you are wrong, but hmm that's interesting since the credit inquiry is bank specific (or at least it was for me). For example, my inquiry reflects on my equifax report as "Wells Fargo Auto Finance".

Assuming that I declined that rate offer from WF or asked tesla finance to check with another lender, I would assume that the next bank would perform a credit inquiry of their own for underwriting.

When i asked tesla if it would require another credit pull, they said they could use the first pull with other banks so no additional pulls are needed. They checked 3 banks for me and only 1 pull showed up on my credit report.

When i asked tesla if it would require another credit pull, they said they could use the first pull with other banks so no additional pulls are needed. They checked 3 banks for me and only 1 pull showed up on my credit report.

Great information. Thank you for sharing. Definitely a unique process tesla has compared to traditional lending practices where your credit gets ran a number of times through different lenders by the dealer.