Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Re-hung the UMC.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This time we used a cord organizer so the handle is a little more protected. The cord passes through the back of it for a neater end product. Also put it higher so less chance of walking into it.

50733459148_fac9b4d5d8_c.jpg

Reactions: Janus
I think most people aren't going to be paying much attention to your charging cable, but will be fawning over your fantastic Tesla logo on the floor and the kickass ultra-organized recycle bin setup.

:). The Tesla logo is a tire marker. If the tire covers the logo I know I’m far enough in to close the garage door. There is one for each tire. :).

This time we used a cord organizer so the handle is a little more protected.
The cord passes through the back of it for a neater end product.
Also put it higher so less chance of walking into it.

50733459148_fac9b4d5d8_c.jpg
This looks very clean, but it would be interesting to see the car parked and the cable been plugged into the car's socket.

1) If you park the car forward, then the cable will be on the right but the plug will have to go all the way the left side of the car.
So you will have the cable laying on the floor all around the rear of the car to reach the car socket on the rear left.
To use the recycling bin, if you walk on the right side of the car, then you might walk on the floor cable.
Otherwise if you walk on the left side of the car, while the plug is inserted into the car socket, then someone carrying
a bulky bag of recycling stuff, might hit the handle of the plug which is quite predominant outside of the car.

2) If you park your car backward, then the cable will be on the correct side.
But it would be better to have the charger located more toward the back of the garage.
Currently, the charger would be a little far way from the car socket and the cable would be laying on the floor.
To use the recycling bin, if someone walk on the left side of the car,
then this person might walk very close to the plug inserted into the car socket and also on the floor cable.
However, if you walk on the right side of the car, and then the front of the car, then there will be not obstacle to reach the recycling bins.

Without knowing the location of the wall socket to which the extension cable is connected, it is a little bit difficult to imagine various solutions.
However, I would try to have anyone carry something to recycling bin to pass close to the car's plugin socket when in use.
Also I would try as much as possible to have the cable laying on the floor, so no one could walk on top of it.
You have also to consider that when someone want to use the trunk, you want this person to pass on the right side of the car,
to avoid a risk of the plug been hit when plugged into the car.

I wonder if it would have been possible to have the charger located more toward the inside corner of the garage.
So if parking backward, the charger would have been facing the car charger door.
Then you could avoid having the cable touching the floor.
Best would be to add a little articulated arm to suspend the cable, or use the rail of the sliding garage door,
so the cable would not be on the way when someone would be walking around the car.

Last edited:
This looks very clean, but it would be interesting to see the car parked and the cable been plugged into the car's socket.

1) If you park the car forward, then the cable will be on the right but the plug will have to go all the way the left side of the car.
So you will have the cable laying on the floor all around the rear of the car to reach the car socket on the rear left.
To use the recycling bin, if you walk on the right side of the car, then you might walk on the floor cable.
Otherwise if you walk on the left side of the car, while the plug is inserted into the car socket, then someone carrying
a bulky bag of recycling stuff, might hit the handle of the plug which is quite predominant outside of the car.

2) If you park your car backward, then the cable will be on the correct side.
But it would be better to have the charger located more toward the back of the garage.
Currently, the charger would be a little far way from the car socket and the cable would be laying on the floor.
To use the recycling bin, if someone walk on the left side of the car,
then this person might walk very close to the plug inserted into the car socket and also on the floor cable.
However, if you walk on the right side of the car, and then the front of the car, then there will be not obstacle to reach the recycling bins.

Without knowing the location of the wall socket to which the extension cable is connected, it is a little bit difficult to imagine various solutions.
However, I would try to have anyone carry something to recycling bin to pass close to the car's plugin socket when in use.
Also I would try as much as possible to have the cable laying on the floor, so no one could walk on top of it.
You have also to consider that when someone want to use the trunk, you want this person to pass on the right side of the car,
to avoid a risk of the plug been hit when plugged into the car.

I wonder if it would have been possible to have the charger located more toward the inside corner of the garage.
So if parking backward, the charger would have been facing the car charger door.
Then you could avoid having the cable touching the floor.
Best would be to add a little articulated arm to suspend the cable, or use the rail of the sliding garage door,
so the cable would not be on the way when someone would be walking around the car.

Good observations. On the nights the car is plugged in the cable just passes under the car. No difficulty accessing the bins. There is about a foot behind the car when the door is closed. Tight but easy to walk behind and plug or unplug the car. We have the cord routed to that side because we back into the driveway sometimes and leave the car outside. Easy to plug in when it’s outside that way.

Cheers.

:). The Tesla logo is a tire marker. If the tire covers the logo I know I’m far enough in to close the garage door. There is one for each tire. :).
I prefer the hanging tennis ball method. Just drive forward until the ball touches the windshield. Much easier to see and confirm you're in position than trying to see whether your tires are covering marks on the ground.

I prefer the hanging tennis ball method. Just drive forward until the ball touches the windshield. Much easier to see and confirm you're in position than trying to see whether your tires are covering marks on the ground.

That works too. But we do lots of projects in the garage. The ball would be annoying. I pretty much no when I’m in far enough. It’s just a final check before closing the door.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Floor stickers? Dangling tennis balls? Are we driving the most advanced cars ever made or Ford Model T's? We pull our cars in until the sensors say ~30" & it's perfect every time. On the side of the garage that's extra deep it doesn't really matter when we park cars over there because there's a wider margin for error in every direction.

Reactions: BJCard