Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Re-Match = Older VIN. Why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They botched my earlier order (wrong color) with VIN 52xxxx

The 'rematch' has VIN 47xxxx. I'm very concerned, as I have heard of older VIN substitutes being cars with production problems, or maybe returned or something. I don't live near a service center, so this is a BIG problem for me if there's something wrong with the car.

What possible reasons could I be getting an older VIN?

I wouldn't be too concerned about older vins having issues. Most people love to complain and voice those complaints as much as possible to everyone(Im not saying they are not real) but the ones who love the car and are satisfied, those are the ones you usually don't hear from because their too busy buying aftermarket accessories, testing 0-60 times, and detailing the car:)

The 'rematch' has VIN 47xxxx. I'm very concerned, as I have heard of older VIN substitutes being cars with production problems, or maybe returned or something. I don't live near a service center, so this is a BIG problem for me if there's something wrong with the car.

5,000 VIN difference is, at most, two weeks production. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Maybe someone ordered the wrong color so you are getting theirs.

They don't use sequential VINs because of what just sprouted this post "Older VIN". They want everyone to feel secure about their car. Doing sequential will make people think they are getting old cars