Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Please check out the latest TMC Podcast (#13) where we discussed new Model Y launches, Tesla improving service, nationwide EV charging expansion, and viewer comments from previous episodes YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Re-ordered my Model Y

So, I cancelled my May 2021 Model Y order due to circumstances but I believe that I am ready to purchase again although I'm a little bummed out because now the price is literally 10k more. So ordered the same config MY MSM 5 seat Black interior with standard wheels and the EDD is Jan 2023. I did find it funny that if a buyer opted for any options even 1 upgrade such as wheels, paint or the white interior, the EDD moves up to Oct 2022, So I'm waiting 10 months for my order. I did put my order on hold until June 2022 but plan on completing my profile by end of May. Apparently you can now only hold it for 90 days instead of 180 days like before and they don't even give any free super-charging miles for referrals. 👎 Still have my pre-ordered CT on cue.

• Funny
Reactions: Stan930
So, I cancelled my May 2021 Model Y order due to circumstances but I believe that I am ready to purchase again although I'm a little bummed out because now the price is literally 10k more. So ordered the same config MY MSM 5 seat Black interior with standard wheels and the EDD is Jan 2023. I did find it funny that if a buyer opted for any options even 1 upgrade such as wheels, paint or the white interior, the EDD moves up to Oct 2022, So I'm waiting 10 months for my order. I did put my order on hold until June 2022 but plan on completing my profile by end of May. Apparently you can now only hold it for 90 days instead of 180 days like before and they don't even give any free super-charging miles for referrals. 👎 Still have my pre-ordered CT on cue.
Dang that stinks, could you have not kept holding your May order or did they try to force you to take delivery in December?

Dang that stinks, could you have not kept holding your May order or did they try to force you to take delivery in December?
No, my other car got totaled, and I had just bought a car a few months prior to my other car getting totaled, and the delivery of my original order was months away and we needed a replacement immediately, so I would’ve ended with 3 car notes instead of 2 if I had kept my original order. But now, I’m just planning on trading in the one car bought first, my payments would be higher but I would still be less than 3 notes.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC