TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

RE: Premium Connectivity and being Grandfathered into it.

Discussion in 'Software: Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App' started by neutralnovice, Dec 30, 2019.

1. neutralnovice

neutralnovice Member

Hey all, I need some advice on what I should do!

Long story short...

I am losing Premium Connectivity. I feel I should be grandfathered into it because I placed my order before the July 1, 2018 cutoff. My Model X had to be re-ordered because there was a major defect found on the vehicle on the date of my delivery, 7/13/18--a technician called me. They recommended a re-order, which I then agreed to. Unbeknownst to me, that re-order put me after the July 1 cutoff to which I will be losing Premium Connectivity at the end of the year. I have e-mails and receipts proving my original order time frame.

I reached out to Customer Support and essentially was denied but her reply made me think that she either didn't read my original message fully or didn't understand my circumstance. I sent a reply; however, I still haven't heard anything back yet. I attached a picture of the email exchange with personal info redacted.

If anyone has any advice on what I can do, please let me know, thank you!

[​IMG]

2. hugh_jassol

hugh_jassol Member

Your first email did not mention that your order had to be re-done at all. You just said "I ordered before the cutoff" then the CS rep looked up your order and of course found the order was not placed before the cutoff. Then in your reply, it's still not that clear - your main point is buried in a parenthetical.

You should probably start over and be precise - don't word it like a reddit post. Also include your order number for the original order so they can verify that part:
    1. You ordered a Model X before July 1, 2018 (order number XXX)
    2. Upon delivery, Tesla discovered a defect in the vehicle and at Tesla's request, the order was canceled and re-placed.
    3. Because the replacement order was made after July 1, 2018, your account does not reflect the lifetime premium connectivity
    4. Since the re-order was due to the fault of Tesla, you are asking them to honor lifetime premium connectivity since your original order was placed during the qualifying period.

• Like x 7
  3. neutralnovice

neutralnovice Member

Thank you!