Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Re Trim M3 Seats in Leather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two issues with Tesla Vegan Leather.

1. It is fossil fuel based, which I find a bit hypocritical given the company is obsessed about reducing the use of fossil fuels.
2. They don't feel like real leather.

So I've contacted a couple of upholstery trimmers to explore the cost of re-trimming the wearing surfaces in real leather, possibly with alcantara centre panels. I will report further.

I had one of my cars fully retrimmed in Nappa Leather. looked and smelled amazingly nice.

Took them about a week, as needed seats for templates.

Chose leather quality, type, stitching, embroidery, colour... really nice.

If I was keeping this car longer, I'd consider it again...

But I want a Model S Plaid as soon as I can afford one. THAT I'd have retrimmed.

This car is a keeper until the Roadster is available, so I'm going to get firm quotes.

Consider being creative...

Each seat panel section can be changed.

As an example... I had carbon effect leather on outer bolster supports, platinum colour centre pieces and black outer panels with platinum stitching...

Mix it up a bit and it looked nice

Last edited:
It is fossil fuel based, which I find a bit hypocritical given the company is obsessed about reducing the use of fossil fuels

You knowingly went ahead bought a car (which is running on around 30% natural gas, currently) with PVC seats anyway so you are going to have the seats re-trimmed in cow which is itself non-sustainable and destructive to the environment. Makes total sense.

• Disagree
Reactions: Peter 224 and G4WFT