Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reached a goal - under 200 wh / mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took me awhile, but I finally made it down below 200 Wh / mile lifetime average.

22 10 29 Tesla 2020 M3 198 Wh per mi.jpg

Thank you, but I'm keeping my egg. Actually, all I need is the eggshell, I suppose I could send you the white and yoke.

Earlier in the year I did a fair bit of Lyft Lux driving, and those days saw 200-ish miles at 185-190 Wh / Mi. Mild Florida weather and flat terrain helped.

Lately I've taken advantage of semi-retirement to take several long trips from FL to PA and MA and back almost exclusively on back roads - just ~10% freeway driving. Those trips totaled over 8k miles at 177-187 Wh / mi.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Worn tires will help with the Wh/mi and the Rim Rash will lighten them even more LOL.

I think I’m at 243 the last time I checked my Model 3 SR with 18’s and aero caps.

Will have to look at my Model Y, those are light track edition rims at I think 19 Lbs each.

Long range dual motor - whatever wheels it came with (with substantial aftermarket rim rash). Still on original tires, which I gather is quite uncommon with 50k+ miles but is a side benefit of gentle eggshell driving.
With 50k on your tires, I suspect your wh/hr is due partly to the fact that you have very little tread left on them. Seriously, take a good look at your tread wear.