TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Reached Tesla... Multiple Times. Multiple Answers

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TM3_Jack, Jul 5, 2018.

1. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

I called to asked about my model 3 reservation a few times talked to a few different ISR got multiple different answers... not sure what to believe anymore.

First Call 3 weeks ago: You're in the queue 3-6 weeks

Second Call 2 weeks later: You've been assigned a Vin Congratulation! Car is done and finished someone should be reaching out to you in the 1-2 weeks to schedule delivery. Even though website says 3-5 months no Vin update.

Three Call 1 weeks later: Not sure if you got the right VIN doesn't say delivery date just wait another week or two

Fourth Call This Monday: Congratulation you should be getting a call 2-3 weeks to set up delivery.

Fifth call TODAY: Didn't really understand them but the gist was you need a new VIN assignment should take 2-3 weeks. (I told them I'm done with this... please just give me a reasonable date for when I will get my car he said End of July.)

Honestly I don't believe a single word Tesla says. I'm not going to have my hopes up again. I'm going to shoot for December to be safe. I'm tired of this s%^t... just give me a honest date.

2. daver6640

daver6640 Member

I just called them too same answer when we have more information we will let you know.

3. Petra

Petra Member

Welcome to the Tesla family--this level of dysfunction is fairly normal.

• Funny x 1
  4. kev1n

kev1n Member

or just dont call, your VIN will show up on your account when its close and they will call you when the car is ready. simple

• Like x 8
    • Helpful x 1
  5. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

Some people seem to be having a worse experience than others.

6. M109Rider

M109Rider Member

That’s because some are clearly fighting why we already know. Some people love to create drama.
    There are countless threads about the challenges Tesla is having with delivery expectations.
    We ALL know this by now.
    So why call, only to hear why we already know, then complain about how horrible things are.

Just WAIT for the call. !

Save yourself the frustration, and save us from another “I’m tired of this s%^t “ thread.

• Like x 9
    • Funny x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  7. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

First off... I'm PAYING for this Car like everyone else is. It's not free it's not charity. I'm paying for a good and service so I expect a level of professionalism and customer service. I expect companies to be honest and truthful. It doesn't matter If i'm buying something from Ebay or a Hyundai, there's a level of customer service that should be there.

You don't have to respond to my thread. I'm just sharing my POV on a conversation with Tesla.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  8. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

Well don't take my Deposit and My Reservation Fee. Maybe I should NOT have to pay anything at all until I get my car. I gave TESLA 3500 bucks thats hard earn money 2 and half year ago... the bare minimum would be to have some accurate information.

• Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 1
  9. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

They didn't take it, you gave it willingly. And if you don't think you should pay anything until you have your car, shouldn't you shop elsewhere?

I'm not attacking you or the fact you shared your experience, but you have no rights in this situation and you really should not have any expectation at all. This is early adopter tax, plain and simple - I think we all know what we're getting into.

When you're dealing with a company that is about a year late with its product and can't even explain the difference between two models of its car that have a $12,000 price tag difference from the CEO, really you can't complain when some bottom-feeder can't tell you when you're getting your car.

• Like x 2
  10. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Thanks for the sound advice...sounds like you have a Tesla already. o_O

• Funny x 4
  11. EnrgyNDpndnce

EnrgyNDpndnce Member

I’m new to this process too, but from my POV it appears they are giving you the most accurate and honest information they have regarding the delivery date of your car. That is, they honestly don’t know yet.

• Like x 1
  12. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Good point. I think you are correct in that we knew or should have known what we are getting into. At the same time maybe some of us have become desensitized by Tesla. Whether it be customer service, logistics, growing pains, etc. If they plan on being “mass market” it is their best interest to straightening logistics / deliveries. I don’t claim to be a Tesla Fan boy (maybe I am lol) and definitely not a troll (first in line sight unseen for M3).

I would like to think I am patient two years waiting no problem. The issue I have is the lack of communication.

• Like x 2
  13. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

I should have no rights? I should have no expectation? It's that mind set that allows company like Tesla to do what they want... I paid for a product that Tesla will provide and I have a right for an update on my status.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  14. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

Agreed. 4 different answers from four different ISR looking at the same GOD DAMN SALESFORCE! That's the part that pisses me off. If you wanted to be treated like a mass production car company start delivering. Plain and simple.

• Like x 1
  15. daver6640

daver6640 Member

It is frustrating and the only advice is don’t call or try not to for now.

My reassurance when I did call was that they said “We have not forgotten about you.” Good enough for me for a bit.

I tried to keep myself busy such as a garage makeover. Lots of work but fun too.

16. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

And your status is ‘we don’t know’.

• Like x 2
  17. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Would you just relax... Sheesh... If you're this uptight and you have even received your car yet then it's probably best for your blood pressure and sanity to cancel, get your refund, and go buy that Hyundai...

Jeff

• Like x 2
  18. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Lol!

Can I be uptight too...I have a blood pressure machine and a Hyundai (daughters but I paid) already. Check and check :D Oh yeah no refund for me

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  19. MarkBrokeIt

MarkBrokeIt Supporting Member

Maybe if you weren't such a PITA and had some patience, you wouldn't be so stressed out. Unpucker & you'll feel better.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
  20. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Chillax...you can borrow my blood pressure machine.