Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reached Tesla... Multiple Times. Multiple Answers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@TM3_Jack, in another thread, you said this:
I configured June 2 for RWD then updated to AWD now 3-5 months. I called Tesla and they said yea its 3-5 months now... I ask is my place for my initial reservation consider they said don't know.

So far, nobody has received an AWD VIN yet. The earliest AWD VINs will be between 54,013 and 56,297. Tesla acquired these 2,285 VINs from NHTSA on 28 June but so far nobody has reported receiving one of these VINs. On average, Tesla acquires their VINs 21 days before they start to assign them.

If you see anybody report a VIN between these numbers, it means AWD. You can watch the VIN chart here. Currently, I'm calculating ~5,300 AWD or P orders. You are around number ~4100 on that list. My best guess is, your car will be produced 4 weeks after they start making the AWD version.

If you want, you could add your name to the Model 3 Order Tracker spreadsheet and then find your username on the VIN Queue 2 tab. The colored cells mean those people have received their VIN. Most people above you will receive their VIN before it's your turn. Therefore you can watch the progress here once they start making the AWD version.

By the way, most people would probably agree that communication isn't Tesla's strong suit. In the spreadsheet, one of the survey questions is about communication prior to delivery. Check out the star ratings in the 'Options & more' tab. If you have any questions about this project, you can find me in this thread: Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Last edited:
I used to call before I got my car as I was one of the ones who got the "July" delay email.

The customer service reps on the phone do not know exactly where your car is for the most part.

My "edit" dissapeared on 6/9 on a Saturday. I called the following Monday and it was confirmed. They tagged my ISA and she reached out to me later that day. She said that it would be in transport soon but didn't have exact details. Less than a week later she set me up with a delivery date.

I even stopped by the store to see if they knew where it was. They didn't. They tried to be as helpful as they could. I did end up finding out who my DS was and he gave me a ballpark of when it is was exoeexpe in. "End of June to beginning of July".

He ended up calling me a week later and moved my delivery date up because it was expected to come in early. Then the truck was delayed. I ended up taking delivery 1 day after my new delivery date.

When I got the car, I looked at the born date and it was 6/18. Basically, my vehicle didn't even come off the line yet when I got my email on 6/11.

So, the reps are just giving their best guess estimates. I think if they just said "I don't know", they would get a lot of heat and even more push back. I'm impatient at times but understand that they we're doing their best given the circumstances.

My heart goes out to them.

• Informative
Reactions: the_danimal
Calling won't make it get to you any sooner so why bother? It's just added stress for you and the Tesla rep.I understand the excitement and anticipation, but it will eventually get to you and the wait will be water under the bridge and you'll have an awesome car.

Well don't take my Deposit and My Reservation Fee. Maybe I should NOT have to pay anything at all until I get my car. I gave TESLA 3500 bucks thats hard earn money 2 and half year ago... the bare minimum would be to have some accurate information.

Anyone who actually ordered knows you don’t give $3.5k 2.5 years in advance. Sounds like a troll or he would know how this actually works.