Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reaction scores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2020
Arkansas
There is almost no other discussion of reaction score on the forums, so I'm using this thread to discuss.

I've seen some users who have a comment : reaction score ratio of nearly 1:10, with thousands of comments and tens of thousands of reactions. I thought, "wow they must make amazing posts!", so I poke through their profile to look at their content and I'm having trouble finding comments with more than 3 or 4 reactions, and most of their comments have none at all. That means there must be some comments in their history that have quite a lot of reactions. Potentially even hundreds of reactions on a single comment.

While looking through these comments and threads I'm seeing other users who have wildly high ratios, and the same situation with me not being able to find any of their comments that come anywhere near this ratio.

There is a way with the recent update to sort posts by "First Post Reaction Score", which at least shows you the insanely popular posts. But that won't help identify high scoring comments. Nor will it help identify contributors that you might want to follow, who are regularly adding great content to the forum.

So then I found it's possible to view the list of members sorted by their reaction score.

And discovered that of the top 20, many of them have their profile blocked (fair enough, I actually think that's a good thing). But more curious is that there's like two that I think I might recognize having ever seen comments from previously.

Is there a way to view high scoring comments? Or to sort an individual user's activity by reaction score?

After reddit, this forum is the most active reacting forum I've ever used. Even more-so than my Facebook experience, which we all know is "likes-giddy". It would be great to be able to leverage that data to find quality content.

I was looking through TMC but couldn't find an answer to this question: what exactly is reaction score? And how is it calculated?

I first thought it was the amount of likes (or equivalents) given to your posts minus the amount of dislikes, but given the discussions in this thread I started thinking it might also be influenced by how many times your posts get a reply or are quoted by others.

Is there a definition out there? Thanks in advance for helping out a n00b with poor google-fu skills.

I was looking through TMC but couldn't find an answer to this question: what exactly is reaction score? And how is it calculated?

I first thought it was the amount of likes (or equivalents) given to your posts minus the amount of dislikes, but given the discussions in this thread I started thinking it might also be influenced by how many times your posts get a reply or are quoted by others.

Is there a definition out there? Thanks in advance for helping out a n00b with poor google-fu skills.

I dont know the formula, but its the number of positive reactions minus the negative reactions. There are more reactions available here other than "like" (thumb up).

Without knowing the formula (and there is no reason for the site owners to share the formula that I can think of), reactions include:

Thumb up (like), Helpful (lightbulb), Informative ("i' in a circle), Funny (laughing face) Love (heart) and Dislike (thumb down).

A reaction score is a combination of positive and negative reactions. Like I said, there is no reason I can think of that the actual formula is (or even should be) shared, but thats it in a nutshell. If the site owners want to share more about it they are welcome to, but thats the jist.

There is almost no other discussion of reaction score on the forums, so I'm using this thread to discuss.

I've seen some users who have a comment : reaction score ratio of nearly 1:10, with thousands of comments and tens of thousands of reactions. I thought, "wow they must make amazing posts!", so I poke through their profile to look at their content and I'm having trouble finding comments with more than 3 or 4 reactions, and most of their comments have none at all. That means there must be some comments in their history that have quite a lot of reactions. Potentially even hundreds of reactions on a single comment.

While looking through these comments and threads I'm seeing other users who have wildly high ratios, and the same situation with me not being able to find any of their comments that come anywhere near this ratio.

There is a way with the recent update to sort posts by "First Post Reaction Score", which at least shows you the insanely popular posts. But that won't help identify high scoring comments. Nor will it help identify contributors that you might want to follow, who are regularly adding great content to the forum.

So then I found it's possible to view the list of members sorted by their reaction score.

And discovered that of the top 20, many of them have their profile blocked (fair enough, I actually think that's a good thing). But more curious is that there's like two that I think I might recognize having ever seen comments from previously.

Is there a way to view high scoring comments? Or to sort an individual user's activity by reaction score?

After reddit, this forum is the most active reacting forum I've ever used. Even more-so than my Facebook experience, which we all know is "likes-giddy". It would be great to be able to leverage that data to find quality content.

Most of the folks on the top/high reaction score list are active participants in the ongoing TSLA investment threads.

• Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
I must be completely wrong then....I thought the reaction score was how many times the member has reacted to different posts and not how many people have reacted to their post.

I wonder...how does one become an "active member", is a supporting member someone who has donated to the community monetarily?

I must be completely wrong then....I thought the reaction score was how many times the member has reacted to different posts and not how many people have reacted to their post.

I wonder...how does one become an "active member", is a supporting member someone who has donated to the community monetarily?
It looks like there is 3 tiers by color grey, blue, red depending on how much money you donate.

Reactions: samori01