Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reactions to the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, plus the S does NOT have the dividers and it was a point of contention for many. I, for one, am glad to see that there on the X.

Incorrect, the Model S HAS the dividers. See my (somewhat crappy) photo of the Signature Red Beta.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4292&d=1329327203.jpg

Edit: you call this a thumbnail?

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 203
I love the floating display look. Much better and more modern looking than the attempt at integration.

I think the floating display is better too. It solves the design constriction dilemma.

The entire dash might have many more angles than desigener would have wanted because you can't have a rigid square screen shape in a curvy space. You have to echo it on some design level. When curved glass can conform to a curved dash (corning video) then it will be amazing.

I think the floating display is better too. It solves the design constriction dilemma.

Yep, I've said elsewhere that I'm hoping (possibly against hope) that the screen and steering wheel make it into the Model S production vehicles. The steering wheel can be retrofitted, but not the screen (since you'd have to change the whole dash)

All of the major work should already be done with the Model S. Integrating the second motor and the AWD system would be new but everything else should be interior and the falcon wing doors. Very smart of Tesla to capitalize off of their Model S investment as much as possible. Maybe a Model S coupe down the road too as a pseudo-Roadster placeholder until the Roadster 3.0 comes out 4 years from now.

I am taking this to mean Alpha. Is that how everyone reads it ? How long was it from Model S Alpha to Beta ? pretty sure this A to B will be shorter given the experience they now have with this....

We're 5 months out from S deliveries and no RC, so I'd assume X RC after July 2013. We got betas in October which would be 10 months before July deliveries, so if X follows suit, we'd get X beta around January/Feb 2013.

X alphas then, would be 4 months before that, and so Octoberish of this year.

That was why I waited a few days before waxing poetic on the Tesla Model X; do I hate it because I am just jealous, or is it because Tesla has built a car that it knows will sell well, but is aimed squarely at the soccer moms of America?The thing is, as much as I hate the fact that Tesla got government money to produce luxury cars for the nation’s wealthiest citizens, I also believe Tesla is probably the best hope electric vehicle’s have of gaining a following in America. And it all hinges on the falcon-wing doors of the Model X crossover, which I have decided is a brilliant car that it is OK to hate.

I Hate The Tesla Model X, And Why It Will Sell Well

The entire dash might have many more angles than desigener would have wanted because you can't have a rigid square screen shape in a curvy space. You have to echo it on some design level. When curved glass can conform to a curved dash (corning video) then it will be amazing.

Remember the old curved CRTs? Reflections are a LOT worse than a flat panel.

I love most of the Model X except for the 17" display seemingly plopped on to the dash as an afterthought. IMHO, it's not a good look and looks out of place. It needs to be more integrated into the dash in a more seamless and elegant way. You could have it flush with the dash and have the leather trim run along the tops and bottom, with the accented trim forming a seam at the sides. The 17" display is almost already too big for its own good, but having it float out from the dash is a bit of an eye sore.

I actually like the front of the Model X better then the S. The Model X front is actually closer to the model S prototype front (The bottom front lights are the same, etc). I always felt the Beta Model S grill stuck out a little too far. The Model X front is actualy shorter,.. Either that or the wheels are pushed out closer to the corners. other than that, it's just a taller Model S... With "DeLorean-esk doors" and since I'm 6'7" it's a no-brainer.

For the most part I like the Falcon doors but I real think they should have some LADAR (Laser radar) sensors. If I misjudge door clearance distance I don't want my falcon doors to rape the SUV, Truck or Wall next to me.

Now the only question is either 4okw, 60kw S2138 or 85kw XP268,..

Probably 85kw XP268.

Last edited: