Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reactivated 1+ year old order & got a delivery date

heretolearn

Mar 14, 2021
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello long time lurker, I'm posting this hoping it will help someone somehow.
I had placed my 7 seat MY order back in late 2019 / early 2020. Put a $2500 deposit. First it was the 7 seat delay, then we had some family things, we kept delaying it out. I was also waiting for the new headlight. But fate had different plans, now I need a car.

This morning, I called Tesla, asked to make some configuration changes:
-Back to 5 seat (I know. 7 seat is a bit tight, takes space, we won't need it that much, going with 5 seats. Plus cheaper)
-Added tow hitch (no brainer)
-Removed full self-driving (I'm an early adopter, wanted to try it, but for my purposes Auto Pilot will do just fine. I tested it and pretty good long distance & highway. I don't think I'll trust Full Self-driving just yet. Maybe later).

They quoted me the price I would have gotten if I placed the order now. I asked if I get any discount, they essentially said the car was more expensive when I was ordered, I don't get anything. I guess I might have been able to keep full self-driving at a reduced price, but I did not ask. I did see the 20" wheels went from $1500 to $2000, I asked if I could get that at $1500 they said no. Maybe I didn't get the right person or didn't push enough.

I picked the lease option (never leased a vehicle before, I figure I try & learn + plus technology changes so quickly, maybe I'll get the cybertruck next), I got approved almost instantly.

The interesting things is now I have a delivery window March 18 - March 24!!! I need to schedule it!!! Super excited so far, crossing fingers. Any tips?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC