Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Read window visibility? Coming from M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, supposed to say 'REAR" -

Hello, I just took a Model Y for a test drive last week and I was really surprised by how small the rear window was. I'm coming from a Model 3. To Model Y owners, do you just get used to the small size over time? Has it ever been an issue for visibility or comfort/security while driving?

Thanks.

Hello, I just took a Model Y for a test drive last week and I was really surprised by how small the rear window was. I'm coming from a Model 3. To Model Y owners, do you just get used to the small size over time? Has it ever been an issue for visibility or comfort/security while driving?

Thanks.

@mlkmade do I have a rear window?!? ;)

I 99.9% use the backup camera when in reverse. As for watching traffic behind me while driving, I do still use the window (so my original question was in jest). I guess you just kind of get used to it.

Reactions: mlkmade

Thanks.

Coming from a Chevy Bolt with the rear view camera built into the rear view mirror, I can't stand the MY rear window view... so after watching this video
I ordered the AUTO-VOX T9 backup camera with replacement rear view mirror. It arrives Thursday :)

Keith

Reactions: mlkmade
@mlkmade do I have a rear window?!? ;)

I 99.9% use the backup camera when in reverse. As for watching traffic behind me while driving, I do still use the window (so my original question was in jest). I guess you just kind of get used to it.

Same, I used my backup camera in my M3 99.9% of the time...That's not my main concern, just freeway driving and driving in general, being aware and being able to see cars before I make decisions..that kind of thing.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Same, I used my backup camera in my M3 99.9% of the time...That's not my main concern, just freeway driving and driving in general, being aware and being able to see cars before I make decisions..that kind of thing.
Coming from a Nissan Rogue, the rear window on MY is tiny. But only took a few weeks to get used to it, and I only drive couple of times a week.

I saw this recently, but it's always out of stock at Tesmat.

model_3_clamp_1800x1800.jpg

I do still use the window (so my original question was in jest). I guess you just kind of get used to it.
Currently waiting on my MY but the minuscule rear view was something I noticed on my test drive. That said, the rear visibility in my X1 isn't stellar and the MY isn't much worse than my old MINI Countryman and that didn't even have a back up camera.