Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reading Email on Screen in car + Saving Usernames/login info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have an Exchange Server with a webapp. I can login to my email fine, but the 'buttons' for next or delete are pretty small and hard to hit precisely. It is also hard to click on the inbox/folder and individual emails precisely.

Does anyone have a mobile web version for email that they are using and like? It doesn't need all the detailed functions just to read, open, delete, go to next, etc.

Somewhat related, does anyone know how to save login information in the web browser?

I'm used to the 'shift' button turning itself off after pressing shift and typing a letter. That has taken some getting used to that you press shift and it stays on until you press it again. I'd like to be able to customize that. Also, having a 'tab' to go between input forms would be sweet as well.

We use Office 365 and the webmail works fine in the car browser.. it is a bit small, I usually pinch-to-zoom a little to make it bigger.

Can't save cookies or password like that at all, it just doesn't have that feature. Plugshare.com can remember your login because they embed it in the URL that you can make a bookmark of. (tesla.plugshare.com) It's not particularly secure but convenient and I'm not sure if anyone cares to break into a plugshare account.

-m

Presumably the screen and functionality could be locked out if your key/fob isn't in the car so saving passwords, etc shouldn't be an issue. Or you could be selective about what you choose to save. Anyway, it would be awesome if they gave you the option.

Reactions: Pluto
Fantastic! Works great, thank you!!
Tried the Eve for Tesla app but it was a total resource hog and started shutting down the cars functions one by one until total system crash.
This is a much better solution to the lack of email access in the Model S

Presumably the screen and functionality could be locked out if your key/fob isn't in the car so saving passwords, etc shouldn't be an issue. Or you could be selective about what you choose to save. Anyway, it would be awesome if they gave you the option.
I'd like to point out that with the valet setting, this would add further protection against your passwords being used against you. And there could even be an option for your valet pin being required in order to autocomplete login forms during that session (encrypted and unlocked with a pin even).

Anyone been able to successfully log in to TMC, watch threads and view alerts? I tried the other day with a full LTE connection and got nowhere.

Same with the TM Design Studio - can't get far.

Can't view PDFs.

Looking forward to a faster and more functional in-car browsing experience "soon".