Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ready to Charge - Check Power Source - Rolec charger at work

Received my MIC 2021 M3 SR+ back in September, but I've never been able to charge at the Rolec charge ports at work.

Firstly, I know they are working as I've seen the solid blue light turn green every day this week for other cars parked in there (Haven't seen a Tesla park up yet however)

I can charge at super chargers, at home with my Pod Point charger using the same type 2 cable, and also using the 3pin UK plug cable so it's definitely not the car or the cable.

The light on the Rolec charger flashes blue, then when I plug my cable in to the charger it turns to a solid blue, while it waits for my to connect the other end to the M3. Once I plug in, the solid white T light on the car disappears as opposed to turning blue, on the display it says 'Read to charge' then after about 30 seconds I get an error saying 'No power source'.

Any suggestions?

Irata

Oct 16, 2020
UK
It could still be a charge cable fault, or possibly even the car, If the Rolex charger at work is 3-phase?

At home, I guess your charger is 2-phase?

So maybe the issue is with 3 phase charging only. Superchargers are DC charging, so work differently anyway.

If work is 3-phase, can you try or borrow a different cable to try?

Sketchygr

Oct 26, 2021
Hertfordshire
It could still be a charge cable fault, or possibly even the car, If the Rolex charger at work is 3-phase?

At home, I guess your charger is 2-phase?

So maybe the issue is with 3 phase charging only. Superchargers are DC charging, so work differently anyway.

If work is 3-phase, can you try or borrow a different cable to try?
Thank you for the response, I'll try and borrow a cable and see if that makes a difference.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC