Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ready to Charge - Check Power Source - Rolec charger at work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my MIC 2021 M3 SR+ back in September, but I've never been able to charge at the Rolec charge ports at work.

Firstly, I know they are working as I've seen the solid blue light turn green every day this week for other cars parked in there (Haven't seen a Tesla park up yet however)

I can charge at super chargers, at home with my Pod Point charger using the same type 2 cable, and also using the 3pin UK plug cable so it's definitely not the car or the cable.

The light on the Rolec charger flashes blue, then when I plug my cable in to the charger it turns to a solid blue, while it waits for my to connect the other end to the M3. Once I plug in, the solid white T light on the car disappears as opposed to turning blue, on the display it says 'Read to charge' then after about 30 seconds I get an error saying 'No power source'.

Any suggestions?

It could still be a charge cable fault, or possibly even the car, If the Rolex charger at work is 3-phase?

At home, I guess your charger is 2-phase?

So maybe the issue is with 3 phase charging only. Superchargers are DC charging, so work differently anyway.

If work is 3-phase, can you try or borrow a different cable to try?

It could still be a charge cable fault, or possibly even the car, If the Rolex charger at work is 3-phase?

At home, I guess your charger is 2-phase?

So maybe the issue is with 3 phase charging only. Superchargers are DC charging, so work differently anyway.

If work is 3-phase, can you try or borrow a different cable to try?
Thank you for the response, I'll try and borrow a cable and see if that makes a difference.

have same issue - some ports have same error as you, and Corsa e is charged no problems.

other fails different way but doesn't work as well.. :/ any suggestions? did you sort it out?

p.s. Tried 2 different cables: Original which came with Tesla and BMW type 2 cable. same result with Rolec. works well on others, like BP Pulse