Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ready to go hard on a P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 24 hours before my deposit goes hard on the following refreshed P90D. I am excited but it seems like a lot of money for a car that is missing some typical luxury features. Should I go through with this configuration and if I do, are there any changes you think I should consider to the following order?

Midnight Silver Metallic
Grey Next Generation Seats
Pano
Air Suspension
Dark Ashwood
Black Alcantara Headliner
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package,
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Aftermarket considerations, remove front license plate bracket, hardwire radar detector, additional tinting on roof or aftermarket roof shade.

Anything changes, additions or deletions I should consider before the $2500 deposit is at risk?

Congrats on the order... Looks like about what I ordered as well didn't see you mention wheels though one thing that swayed me was how fragile the 21"s are to road hazards and tire ware. I plan to go with some aftermarket 20" wheels as a nice compromise with some more tire sidewall to protect the rim.

image.jpeg
Mine is almost the exact config Except it's a 75D with Carbon Fiber interior and standard black calipers. Here's a pic. Your Ludicrous will be much quicker :).

Reactions: ICE FREE
Congrats on the order... Looks like about what I ordered as well didn't see you mention wheels though one thing that swayed me was how fragile the 21"s are to road hazards and tire ware. I plan to go with some aftermarket 20" wheels as a nice compromise with some more tire sidewall to protect the rim.

Good catch on the wheels. I did not include them in my post. I decided on the 19s after much back and forth and will also consider 20s aftermarket.

I thought I could edit my original post to include the 19 inch wheels but it is not letting me. How do I edit the original post to include the wheels?

Last edited:
Congrats on beautiful color combination!

Almost 3.5 yrs here with 62,500 miles with smart air (we were basically required to select this option for a Jan '13 delivery). Unless you carry heavy loads, have terrible driveways/obstacles, I would not bother with air suspension. We will get standard suspension on the Model ☰ ludi. I suffer from from extreme light sensitivity (migraines and the whole 9 yards), however the coating/tint on the pano provides me with the necessary protection without the OEM offered sunshade nor additional tint. We did tint the rear window to lower interior temps and to aesthetically flow better with the dark pano.

edit:

Btw, I just recieved the first run of TSportlines gray 20X9s as I prefer the factory look. Would definetly stay away from the problematic 21s. I have had to babysit/inspect and make more suspension bit mods/changes under the tutalege of champ and Hyper than I care to admit to to achieve 51,000 miles on my original 21 Contis.

Btw II, jealous of your very quick P90D ludi ! :)

Have fun!

Last edited:
Why the air suspension?

Why the tint on sun roof?

Good questions.

My thoughts on the air suspension was it may give a smoother ride. I have a Lincoln Navigator with air suspension which I find rides better than most other SUVs.

As to the roof, being pretty thin on top, my skin is very sensitive to sunlight and although the roof is already deeply tinted, the small amount of ultraviolet and heat coming through on long trips would be problematic for me. I thought about deleting this feature but realized it is easier darkening or blocking the glass roof than lightning or opening the solid roof.

Last edited:
No cold weather package in South Dakota? My current car (Bmw) has heated steering wheel which I love. I ordered my 70D with same. Plus there seems to be some range benefits on the cold weather stuff, not that it mattered to me personally. I just love heated wheel.

I have 24 hours before my deposit goes hard on the following refreshed P90D. I am excited but it seems like a lot of money for a car that is missing some typical luxury features. Should I go through with this configuration and if I do, are there any changes you think I should consider to the following order?

Midnight Silver Metallic
Grey Next Generation Seats
Pano
Air Suspension
Dark Ashwood
Black Alcantara Headliner
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package,
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Aftermarket considerations, remove front license plate bracket, hardwire radar detector, additional tinting on roof or aftermarket roof shade.

Anything changes, additions or deletions I should consider before the $2500 deposit is at risk?

You've left the most important aftermarket addition. A BlackVue dual channel dash cam.

Good questions.

My thoughts on the air suspension was it may give a smoother ride. I have a Lincoln Navigator with air suspension which I find rides better than most other SUVs.

As to the roof, being pretty thin on top, my skin is very sensitive to sunlight and although the roof is already deeply tinted, the small amount of ultraviolet and heat coming through on long trips would be problematic for me. I thought about deleting this feature but realized it is easier darkening or blocking the glass roof than lightning or opening the solid roof.

They will NOT give you smoother ride. Also, the air transmits more sound into the cabin than coils. I've made numerous back to back comparisons with an SPL meter with both identically equipped on multiple cars where the only difference is the air.

The coils provide a better ride and are quieter. If I were looking for a used MS today knowing what I know now, I'd pay extra to find an example without air.

Same goes for the pano roof. More noise and more hassles. I'd pay extra to find a used MS without the pano roof as well. Wish I'd left both of those off :(

i dont know why every one rants about the 21" wheels. ive already hit some pot holes with them. they, despite popular opinion, are not made of glass...

I have both sets of stock sized wheels. The 21s aren't as bad as everyone says, BUT there's not one single advantage to them unless you're going to be tracking the car, and I don't mean on the strip as the added weight reduces acceleration just a tiny bit given they weight quite a bit more than the 19s.

You are correct. I would certainly like the cameras but I have not investigated the difficulty of installation. Is it any more difficult than hardwiring my radar detector?

More time consuming because you have to run the rear cable. I did mine with no wires showing through the headliner and the rear cable housing all in about 2 hours. There are lots of good resources for DIY for that camera on this car.

Reactions: Tech_Guy