Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ready!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Nema 14-50 installed!
Cost:
50A breaker $9.47
Outlet $8.89
Cover plate $2.48

I had it easy as house was prewired for an electric car. Now just need the car!!!
IMG_2808.jpg
IMG_2810.jpg

Last edited:
Did you install it yourself?

Yes. Very easy when prewired, but I do have a fair amount of experience with electrical wiring.
Looks like you confirmed a day before me! Lets hope the factory won't put us too far behind all those P85 cars...

- - - Updated - - -

Did you install it yourself?

I hope so! I agonized over the interior trim more than anything else as I hadn't seen it in real life. Obeche is gorgeous so it was a tough choice.

Yes. Very easy when prewired, but I do have a fair amount of experience with electrical wiring.
Looks like you confirmed a day before me! Lets hope the factory won't put us too far behind all those P85 cars...

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so! I agonized over the interior trim more than anything else as I hadn't seen it in real life. Obeche is gorgeous so it was a tough choice.

"My Tesla" on their website says "Sourcing Parts" but the Confirmation Email says "In Production". I just sent out an email to see where I'm at in the chain. I must have spent 3 days going back and forth on all the options. I started out with a fairly stripped Blue Car and ended up with a fairly loaded Grey one. :D

Attachments

• Tesla In Production!.png
    Tesla In Production!.png
    212 KB · Views: 398
Congratulations on your order.
Love the MC Red ,Tan and Carbon Fiber

Good Job having the 240 V outlet installed prior to taking delivery of your car.
Great to have that Item completed.

Are you planning to take delivery locally, or travel to Freemont and maybe tour the factory?
Some day (when SC Network is further along), I plan on making the trip to the Mothership see where everything comes from.

Are you planning to take delivery locally, or travel to Freemont and maybe tour the factory?
Some day (when SC Network is further along), I plan on making the trip to the Mothership see where everything comes from.

I am planning on picking up in Fremont and taking a tour if possible. It is a 2 hour drive each way but easy range for the drive home. I took my second test drive at the factory. Huge complex with its own test track and small "showroom". Didn't get a tour then so looking forward to that.

It looks like a fairly easy installation to mount the Plug right next to the Panel. No wire to fish... I may go that route myself. How long is the cord on the Charger?

Sorry, the proximity of the two photos is misleading. Plug is in garage, panel is about 25 feet away outside. Charger cord is about 18' long for the UMC.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure the pre-existing wiring can handle 50A? What was the breaker in there before?
I hope when you swapped the breaker out it was to go lower and not higher! :scared:

Good point. No breaker or outlet in there before. Wire is not labeled but I measured it with a micrometer and it is .14 without insulation. I think it is at least 8 g. Definitely not 10. Could be 6 but I doubt it. Either way it should be enough.

Ah. Our Panel is in the Garage front wall near the front bumper of my car. I'm not crazy about the idea of having the cable for the charger running down the middle of the garage though... I'll probably route the wire over the ceiling and down the wall by the rear end of the car.