TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

REAL interior shots

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AnOutsider, May 30, 2012.

1. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

Grey (performance version) with Lacewood (I think) from the Model S Sightings thread:

Grey with Lacewood 4.jpg Grey with Lacewood 3.jpg Grey with Lacewood 2.jpg Grey with Lacewood 1.jpg

2. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

Anyone have some obeche matte photos? I have only found these two:

Tan with Matte Obeche 1.jpg Tan with Matte Obeche 2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

More Obeche Matte I found:

Obeche Wood Matte 3.jpg Obeche Wood Matte 5.jpg Obeche Wood Matte 7.jpg Obeche Wood Matte 8.jpg

3. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Leather seats in the Roadster seem to be 1/4 inch thick and hard. Impervious to 5 month of dog use. Can the ModelS seats be so sturdy, or should I stick with the cloth that I ordered?
    --

4. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

The Get Amped test cars were reportedly showing some wear on the leather upholstery, so I'd be concerned that extended use with dogs could take a toll. I'd be inclined to put a thick polarfleece blanket on my dog-designated seat, regardless.

5. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

> I'd be inclined to put a thick polarfleece blanket on my dog-designated seat [Robert.Boston]

Thanx. So that's what that stuff is called. The keyword here is thick. Being a cattledog, she might like a coyote pelt tied to the passenger seat. You just don't get leather like the Roadster seats any more.
    --

6. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Heh! I thought about suggesting a sheepskin. :) Polarfleece is great because (a) you can throw it in the washer every so often and (b) it's made from recycled plastic bottles. Of course, coyote pelts are made from recycled coyotes...

7. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Ahmm - Coyote pelts are made from recycled rabbits, and foxes, and...

8. Tommy

Tommy Member

9. TheAustin

TheAustin Model X 90D (Former Model S P85)

Wow, thank you for posting...This totally confirms my decision to go with grey and NOT tan...I can't believe how bad the tan looks, especially with the other fabric color on the upper interior frame of the car, as well as with the Obeche matte (which I also selected).

10. slindell

slindell Model S Sig #353

Just shows you that different folks like different things. I think the tan looks fantastic. The wonder of the Obeche is that it matches black, grey, tan and white interiors.

11. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Blue. Tan. Gloss obiche. You can't beat that. Elon chose gloss obiche. Unless you just happen to like another combination more... So many great ways to go. Where will your Tesla find architectural,harmony?

12. daripalli

daripalli Banned

Any signs of the Tan leather interior and if there are going to be all weather floor mats?

13. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

I will be going with the gloss Obeche. i am a big fan of wood. The great pity is that the lacewood has been stained. In it's natural state it is quite beautiful with a lacy texture and a reddish brown colour. Admittedly, over time, with real wood, even if coated with varnish, the red does go more brown but this only adds to the character. I have made lots of items with this wood. All the trim colours are Grey or black, and while they seem to go with all the available trim colours, a brown would have been good. As part of a wish list, something like birds eye maple also would be fantastic as also European Ash. Both the latter are very light pale yellow timbers which also will darken slightly with age, but look fantastic either way.

14. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Visited the Tesla Store in DC today for another test drive. While I was there I shot some interior photos. Hope these are helpful.

DSC_2187.JPG

DSC_2189.JPG

DSC_2190.JPG

DSC_2192.JPG

DSC_2193.JPG

DSC_2210.JPG

15. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Looks a lot like my configuration - tan, obiche - which is great because I've never actually seen it in a car! Nothing like buying a car you've never driven in a configuration you've never seen. Oh, and I ordered blue metallic exterior, and no, I have never seen that either...
    Thanks for the pics. Love the comments about wood a few posts above.

16. Zextraterrestrial

You will LOVE it! I hope you wait 'till you get yours to experience it(or not..but) That would be just awesome!
    & I think you will cry with joy and possibly never sleep again (I'm worried I'll start sleeping in mine - my wife might force me to if i don't stop talking about S deliveries and Tesla in general ;>

17. chrissam42

chrissam42 Member

I would love to see some shots of the seats from the people who have taken delivery. I've seen lots of exteriors, instrument clusters and 17" display shots, but most of the new owners don't seem to be pointing the camera down at the seats!

18. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I'm sure you've seen pics, but these were mine of the blue/tan at the DC store. Loved it.

IMG_20120909_123138.jpg IMG_20120909_115832.jpg IMG_20120909_123125.jpg IMG_20120909_123129.jpg

19. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Nice shots, KevinCWelch, they really capture the depth of the blue. Agreed, ModelS1079 is going to love the blue. I drove the blue/tan in Chicago and would have immediately opted for blue, if not for the fact that my BMW is Monaco blue, which is extremely similar.

BlueChicagoRear.jpg

20. daripalli

daripalli Banned

Did anyof you guys see a MultiCoat Pearl White Performance Non Sig, with Tan/Carbon interior? Is the Carbon Trim a matte finish or gloss?