Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought X-care shortly after I got my 85D. Heading to the dealership on Friday to get a sunroof leak looked at. I suspect this will also necessitate headliner replacement. So far X-care have been helpful, and approved the initial estimate to diagnose the problem. I’ll keep this thread updated.

Both the Tesla and Xcare warranties are similar in that they cover almost everything, except a few normal exclusions. I posted the exclusions on each above, and they are very similar. Nothing will cover the battery and drive units past the Tesla long term initial special Tesla warranty for these items. These warranties are written for electric vehicles. You will find nearly any other warranty is written for a petrol car. They really don't apply to most items on Tesla. There is no transmission, etc.

Are there so-called DU failure signs that it is on it's way to die? If so and it's within the original Tesla warranty has anyone run into an issue with Tesla dragging their feet hoping it will inevitably die outside of the warranty period? That is my concern, is that you'll bring it in to have it looked at and and they'll simply handwave it off as nothing to worry about, then you're left footing the bill months later because of this.

Well, another twist in my XCare experience. It turns out that my active spoiler failure is no longer covered even though it was previously approved. I am asking whether or not we can escalate this internally before I start the arbitration process. I'm not a happy camper. We'll see if I can get a response in a reasonable timeframe, or if it'll be another month before I hear a peep.

Well, another twist in my XCare experience. It turns out that my active spoiler failure is no longer covered even though it was previously approved. I am asking whether or not we can escalate this internally before I start the arbitration process. I'm not a happy camper. We'll see if I can get a response in a reasonable timeframe, or if it'll be another month before I hear a peep.
Is there a factory active spoiler on a Model S?

Email me at [email protected] and I'll look into it.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Quick update on my X Care claim. Brent escalated my claim internally and I received a call from one of the co-founders/CEO. He went over my case and asked me to clarify some questions. After talking, it sounds like a few small things cascaded into something larger.

My original claim started almost 3 quarters ago. The claim was quickly approved. Unfortunately, the claim expired since Tesla didn't have the parts for quarters. Fast forward to when the parts came in. I reopened the claim with X Care and was told to make the repairs. Here's where things fell apart.

The original Tesla estimate states that my active spoiler was making noise. X Care, like other warranties (providers, whatever you want to call them) do not cover noises. No debate here. However, my original entry into the Tesla appointment stated an abnormal noise which ultimately resulted in a stuck, inoperable spoiler which is covered. The difference between making noise vs. broken resulted in the claim being denied the second time.

When we discussed the lack of communication we both agreed that zero response from the claims department is totally unacceptable. He had no excuses here and is taking another look at the claims process. Over communication is always appreciated, whether it's a simple "document received", "we need more time", etc. He did make a good point that the team that handles Tesla claims for X Care (I'm unsure whether it's all in-house, or they are subcontracted) is small, but this is intentional since they have more experience with our cars. I can appreciate that.

After the claim was escalated the spoiler repair was approved and I am going to be reimbursed. I appreciate the follow up on the situation and it sounds like this was the perfect storm. Hopefully nobody else has to deal with these issues. I can, and will recommend X Care to other Tesla owners. It also sounds like they have some cool things in their pipeline, but I'll let them announce that when the time comes.

Quick update on my X Care claim. Brent escalated my claim internally and I received a call from one of the co-founders/CEO. He went over my case and asked me to clarify some questions. After talking, it sounds like a few small things cascaded into something larger.

My original claim started almost 3 quarters ago. The claim was quickly approved. Unfortunately, the claim expired since Tesla didn't have the parts for quarters. Fast forward to when the parts came in. I reopened the claim with X Care and was told to make the repairs. Here's where things fell apart.

The original Tesla estimate states that my active spoiler was making noise. X Care, like other warranties (providers, whatever you want to call them) do not cover noises. No debate here. However, my original entry into the Tesla appointment stated an abnormal noise which ultimately resulted in a stuck, inoperable spoiler which is covered. The difference between making noise vs. broken resulted in the claim being denied the second time.

When we discussed the lack of communication we both agreed that zero response from the claims department is totally unacceptable. He had no excuses here and is taking another look at the claims process. Over communication is always appreciated, whether it's a simple "document received", "we need more time", etc. He did make a good point that the team that handles Tesla claims for X Care (I'm unsure whether it's all in-house, or they are subcontracted) is small, but this is intentional since they have more experience with our cars. I can appreciate that.

After the claim was escalated the spoiler repair was approved and I am going to be reimbursed. I appreciate the follow up on the situation and it sounds like this was the perfect storm. Hopefully nobody else has to deal with these issues. I can, and will recommend X Care to other Tesla owners. It also sounds like they have some cool things in their pipeline, but I'll let them announce that when the time comes.
Hi Tony,

I appreciate the opportunity to escalate this issue, and glad we could get the differences between the Service estimate
and the actual issue resolved.

You are correct, this could have been smoother, and we strive to continually improve our processes
to serve our members.

As always, you can reach out to me directly for anything now, and in the future. Our members are our top priority.

Happy New Year to you and yours! XCare/Xcelerate

I'm going to be purchasing an extended warranty through x-care for our '18 MX pretty soon. Does anybody have a referral code I could use to save 100$?

You can try "XcelerateTMC".

I actually just purchased a warranty through XCare yesterday and the referral code field seemed to not be working when trying to apply the discount. I ended up calling and spoke with Brent (frequent poster here from Xcare) and he said to just go ahead with the purchase and they would refund me the discount. Sure enough, they processed the refund for the $100 today - new years day. I was impressed they had people working today at all.

Just give them a call or email [email protected] and I'm sure he will take care of it, the guy seems rock solid.