Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a ‘17 X and I went with 6 years/75k miles. I only drive around a thousand miles per month so I thought this made the most sense for me.

If you call they have a lot more options than the website. I did a 10 year 125k mile figuring it’ll help resell anyways when I move on from my December built 16 p100d.

I split the difference and went with the 7 year/75k for $5202. Kind of wish I went with the 8 or 10 year/100k looking back. Especially since the warranty transfers for $50 or something.

Has anyone purchased and used the Xcelerate warranty?

I'm deciding on which route to take with a Tesla purchase. Buying from a dealer or third party would limit the warranty options to Xcelerate. I'm hesitant since it doesn't seem anyone has purchased, used, and reviewed what they offer. I have spoken with the reps a few times and they seem pleasant and knowledgeable enough, but 5k is a lot for a warranty for a product that hasn't been proven.

I'm debating between a 2016 90D with 25k miles, or a 2016-2017 100D which would cost at least 12k more, or just wait for the new "million mile" battery. I don't need a car right now. If buying a 2016/2017 outside of Tesla to get the supercharging, Xcelerate seems like the only option.

Have any of you purchased this product? Have any of you used it?
Hello, can you please tell me more about Xcelerate warranty because I too i'm very interested in purchasing. Thank you !

After plenty of thought and as we are reaching the end of our warranty from Tesla, I finally purchased an extended service agreement from Xcare for wifey's Model 3. Brent Seavey was extraordinarily helpful, professional, answered all questionsa dn there was no pressure. Hope not to need it, but it feels like some peace of mind as she keeps her cars for a long while.

Larry in Georgia

Reactions: XCare EV
and the actual issue resolved.
You are correct, this could have been smoother, and we strive to continually improve our processes
to serve our members.

As always, you can reach out to me directly for anything now, and in the future. Our members are our top priority.

Happy New Year to you and yours! XCare/Xcelerate

I would definitely get this warranty but I see red flags already and would like you to prove to me that I’m wrong by thinking you’re company is a scam like every other 3rd party extended warranty company that isn’t backed by a dealership or manufacturer. Having said that what insurance is your company backed by? Obviously you have zero backing from Tesla so if/when you go under is your insurance backed company held accountable to be paying my repairs or just like every 3rd party company am I screwed if you go bankrupt? How long has the insurance company been in business if you even have one that takes on the repair costs that your company won’t be covering if/when you go under and do you have any affiliation with that insurance company?
I know you’re a profitable company from offering other services like financing and leasing before you started doing these extended warranties about 3 yrs ago, are you both under the same corporation so if you go bankrupt your entire company does?

• Disagree
Reactions: EarlyM3Owner

I would definitely get this warranty but I see red flags already and would like you to prove to me that I’m wrong by thinking you’re company is a scam like every other 3rd party extended warranty company that isn’t backed by a dealership or manufacturer. Having said that what insurance is your company backed by? Obviously you have zero backing from Tesla so if/when you go under is your insurance backed company held accountable to be paying my repairs or just like every 3rd party company am I screwed if you go bankrupt? How long has the insurance company been in business if you even have one that takes on the repair costs that your company won’t be covering if/when you go under and do you have any affiliation with that insurance company?
I know you’re a profitable company from offering other services like financing and leasing before you started doing these extended warranties about 3 yrs ago, are you both under the same corporation so if you go bankrupt your entire company does?
I have no relation or business with this company yet, although I am considering getting the warranty. DO some research, and many of your questions would be answered. There are very few members of FMC that have had unresolved issues with this company, and I am sure we would know if there was a bad experience. Look at the information. It has the financial backers and some added information for you. Extended Warranty for Tesla Owners

By the way, the link above is through Evanex, but you can buy the insurance and research more from the company link at: X-Care - Xcelerate Auto

Your questions are answered here:

I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer.

I have no relation or business with this company yet, although I am considering getting the warranty. DO some research, and many of your questions would be answered. There are very few members of FMC that have had unresolved issues with this company, and I am sure we would know if there was a bad experience. Look at the information. It has the financial backers and some added information for you. Extended Warranty for Tesla Owners

By the way, the link above is through Evanex, but you can buy the insurance and research more from the company link at: X-Care - Xcelerate Auto
Just found out why this company still exists and so cheap they don’t cover the battery or drivetrain the two things I only really care about being covered. I knew there was no way what I read from others on social media could be accurate. They compared it and on here I believe to Tesla’s extended warranty when that’s clearly not the case.

Last edited:
Just found out this company still exists and so cheap they don’t cover the battery or drivetrain the two things I only really care about being covered. I knew there was no way what I read from others on social media could be accurate. They compared it and on here I believe to Tesla’s extended warranty when that’s clearly not the case.
I have a post comparing Tesla's extended warranty with this company, and they are almost exactly the same. Tesla doesn't cover the battery and drivetrain after 8 years. No extended warranty, including Tesla covers these items after 8 years, except specialty warranties that are out there that ONLY cover the battery. You are covered by Tesla for 8 years in the New Car Warranty, not their extended warranty. I am not aware of any warranty that covers the drivetrain after 8 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike
Just found out why this company still exists and so cheap they don’t cover the battery or drivetrain the two things I only really care about being covered. I knew there was no way what I read from others on social media could be accurate. They compared it and on here I believe to Tesla’s extended warranty when that’s clearly not the case.

You should do some more research.

Really considering this. The amazingly long CPO bumper to bumper just run out on my 2014 MS, and if I look back at all the repairs since I have owned the car and extrapolate into the future, it seems to make a lot of sense. In 4+ years Tesla has replaced my headliner, 2 door handles (they had already been upgraded during the CPO refurbishment), a door latch, the power hatch system, the lower back seat, the MCU, and recalibrated the AP1 sensors. Although this would not be covered by xcare, they also replaced one of the headlights due to water leakage, but it was not covered by the bumper to bumper either (and it was absurdly expensive).

Thanks all for sharing your experiences!

Last edited:
I had to use my xcare warranty for the first time recently when my model 3 control arms started creaking. Overall, a great experience.

Called the number and started a claim, which was super easy. The warranty company was great to work with, and the Van Nuys service center didn’t have any issue with sending them the invoice for the repairs. Only minor hiccup was Tesla ended up having my car ready for a pickup on Saturday, when the warranty company was closed, so I paid out of pocket, then just got reimbursed later. I could have left my car until Monday, but it was more convenient for me to pick it up during the weekend and paying out of pocket vs waiting.

I had to use my xcare warranty for the first time recently when my model 3 control arms started creaking. Overall, a great experience.

Called the number and started a claim, which was super easy. The warranty company was great to work with, and the Van Nuys service center didn’t have any issue with sending them the invoice for the repairs. Only minor hiccup was Tesla ended up having my car ready for a pickup on Saturday, when the warranty company was closed, so I paid out of pocket, then just got reimbursed later. I could have left my car until Monday, but it was more convenient for me to pick it up during the weekend and paying out of pocket vs waiting.
Thanks for the shout out, and so happy we could help! www.xcelerateauto.com/warranties/#quote for a no hassle quote! Cheers! Brent @ XCare

I have a post comparing Tesla's extended warranty with this company, and they are almost exactly the same. Tesla doesn't cover the battery and drivetrain after 8 years. No extended warranty, including Tesla covers these items after 8 years, except specialty warranties that are out there that ONLY cover the battery. You are covered by Tesla for 8 years in the New Car Warranty, not their extended warranty. I am not aware of any warranty that covers the drivetrain after 8 years.
Well there is apparently and it’s what I read on forums where they actually offer battery/motors extended warranty past the 8 yrs. So yes there is a company that does offer the extended battery/drivetrain warranty. In my opinion it’s risky af and that company will fail guaranteed.
I don’t see any reason to buy a warranty from a 3rd party when you can just extend thru Tesla. I would much rather pay a little more for peace of mind. The only way you get screwed buying it from Tesla is if they go bankrupt. Otherwise buying any 3rd party warranty is always going to be much more risky than beneficial for the mass majority of potential buyers that are contemplating it. Like any insurance, it doesn’t make sense to buy if the company is still in business. That means the coverage isn’t worth it or they would be bankrupt if it was. And perhaps they will, since Tesla specifically made it harder to extend their warranties, increased the price, as well as a deductible that they never had years ago, no longer provide it with their used cars which also cannot be extended thru Tesla.

Your questions are answered here:

I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer.
My answers are there? Are joking? If they are please show me? Show me who they have backing their company if they go bankrupt? Do you know? That was my question so explain or don’t just post fake testimonials which is the biggest scam indicator when you have the same few people saying their a satisfied customer. What services have they covered for you? Receipts etc, showing how easy it was. For example having the claim paid immediately.

The only company I still see in business that does warranty coverage is endurance.

If you what to talk about 3rd party warranty companies than I can guarantee there isn’t one that’s been in business longer than endurance. So why or how are they still in business? Great Service? Great Reviews?
No, nope but yet just like this company they are rated one of the best in 2022. They’ve been around since 2006. So why isn’t everyone using them? Cause it’s a scam like the rest, go figure.
You will have to get burned once before you learn like most people who can’t resist things that seem to good to be true.
If you have common sense than your never paying for a 3rd party warranty guaranteed
037EE265-FDF0-4D62-BBB2-311DD13E3265.jpeg
19571CCA-171E-467A-A728-6B9EB0CE86DC.jpeg

Attachments

• A4154328-BD2F-4958-9C1A-2F142B18687E.jpeg
    A4154328-BD2F-4958-9C1A-2F142B18687E.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 42